Halifax contact and visit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just after advice regarding my Halifax gold credit card

Have had it since about 2001 and got into difficulties paying it. I wasn't over my limit just under. I was advised

By Halifax to miss a payment and that would then go over my limit and then collections could help me.

Collections phoned me and reduced the interest but they took half of what I proposed to pay a month

I asked them twice in January for my original credit

Agreement by phone and wrote asking for it but

Had no reply. I have now recieved 2 letters 6 months later

1 saying I need to make a payment of £600 for interest

And 1 letter saying someone from the Halifax is

Coming to my house on the 1st of aug. Really appreciate some advice. Many thanks in advance.

Hi Welcome....Would suggest you stay of the phone to Halifax keep everything in writing.

The CCA you sent by post did it go recorded?or are you able to confirm they received the CCA request?

I would also send the Account in Dispute letter,they will probably deny receiving your written CCA but try.

Also in the site template file there is a letter covering threats to call at your house. send this as well recorded with the Account in Dispute letter.

Got to say it is unusual for Halifax themselves to make the threatened house visit,its usually Blair Oliver & Scott there in house debt collection arm

I am also surprised that Halifax encouraged you to get further into debt by missing a payment.

Regards FS

Hi

Whether it be Halifax or Blair Oliver, these people have no right to visit you and you are perfectly entitled to tell them to foxtrot oscar.

Send them this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

I'd also be questioning why they encouraged you to miss a payment in order to get it into "collections"

Regards

ims

Many many thanks for your time and for help

In this matter. I didn't send the letter to the Halifax

Recorded delivery ( I realised after I should )

I will be sending letters off and will be keeping

A record of everything now.

The only reason this has happened was a)

I was struggling with payments and b) I was told

In a phonecall from a debt company that they

Can get it scrapped and I should ask for my

Credit agreement. Me being gullible as usual

Did this and thought that would be it.

Ah the good old debt companies telling people rubbish to gain a new "client" and earn some more dollars.

Forget them as they will do nothing for you that you cannot do yourself given the right guidance.

Regards

ims

As ims21 states stay well away from fee paying debt management companies,the same service is available free of charge along with valid advice from the Cag site members.

Send the letter Account in Dispute and the Do not call at my property letter without invitation etc recorded,or 1st class proof of sending at the Post Office.

Did you have PPI with this CC?

Regards FS

I don't think I had Ppi. (not 100%). Is there a way

Of checking. Don't think there was sign of any

Ppi stated on my monthly statements.

Hi

It would be clearly stated on any of your credit card statements. It would be a different amount each month dependig on the balance on the card.

If its not there then you weren't paying it.

Regards

ims

Hi

Ok...it may well be that you didn't have ppi.

As regards people turning up, print off a copy of the Doorstep Visit letter. Just hand it over to whoever visits and tell them to leave. You are under no obligation to talk to them or have them at your property.

If they do not leave, call the police

Regards

ims

Edited by ims21