PPI Claim - Abbey/ Santander

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Hoping I can get some help regarding a PPI claim I wish to pursue as it was mis-sold to me.

I had a loan with Abbey which I paid off sometime ago. I no longer have any paperwork including the loan account number. I have called Abbey/ Santander twice and each time they have claimed they do not keep records beyond 6 years.

Can someone please clarify which letter I first write to Abbey? I prefer the court route and prepared to go all the way.

Of course I will do plenty of research before I start my claim.

Many thanks

MBK.

Hi

Money Laundering regs require them to keep records for at least six years after an account is closed. You say you paid it off a while ago....how long do you reckon?

Many banks do in fact keep these records for longer so I would be inclined to SAR them...leter in the CAG library. If you don't have account number, give them the address details of where you were living at the time the account was opened and your full name.

Regards

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi

Money Laundering regs require them to keep records for at least six years after an account is closed. You say you paid it off a while ago....how long do you reckon?

Many banks do in fact keep these records for longer so I would be inclined to SAR them...leter in the CAG library. If you don't have account number, give them the address details of where you were living at the time the account was opened and your full name.

Regards

ims

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

I paid off the loan nearly 9 years ago I believe. It is definitely more than 6 years ago but its my understanding one can claim beyond the 6 years?? Please correct me if I am wrong.

As I no longer have a copy of the loan agreement, will the SAR produce all paperwork including a copy of the agreement?

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards

MBK

Hi

Yes you can claim back more than six years...that's not a problem.

I'd SAR them as previously mentioned but put emphasis on requiring the agreement and full transaction history. Wait and see what comes back.

Here's the ling to the SAR template which you can amend for your needs.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?552-Data-Protection

Regards

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

I have had a similar problem with this lot. They stick rigidly to the 6 year dealine in SAR as well grhhhhhhhhhhhh:evil:

I had the account number and even provided a old statement. Still will not help! Therefore I would be very interested in what to do as well.

Milly X

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

I have had a similar problem with this lot. They stick rigidly to the 6 year dealine in SAR as well grhhhhhhhhhhhh:evil:

I had the account number and even provided a old statement. Still will not help! Therefore I would be very interested in what to do as well.

Milly X

How long ago was the loan paid off?

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,Having sent of a SAR with the £10 fee, I have received a response from Abbey / Santander. But not the response I was hoping for!All I have received is a summary of charges debited from my account. I have had approximately 4 accounts with Abbey plus a loan. They have only produced info one account.What is the next stage?Any advice would be greatly appreciated.ThanksMBK

Edited by MBK

Hi,Having sent of a SAR with the £10 fee, I have received a response from Abbey / Santander. But not the response I was hoping for!All I have received is a summary of charges debited from my account. I have had approximately 4 accounts with Abbey plus a loan. They have only produced info one account.What is the next stage?Any advice would be greatly appreciated.ThanksMBK

Hi

You need to give them the full 40 days to comply so wait and see what turns up.

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

The letter thay have sent seem pretty final. It doesnt sound like any other info will be forthcoming....That said, I will wait the full 40 days as suggested.Many thanks.MBK

• 10 months later...

Hi

Hoping I can get some help with my PPI claim.

I had sent a SAR to Santander in hoping I can claim back ppi on a loan I took out many years ago.

I cannot remember the year I took the loan but it was prior to 1997. I have had other dealings with Abbey such as bank accounts.

I wish to make a claim on the PPI, but no longer have any paper work.

Despite sending a SAR to Abbey/Santander they claim historical information can only be retained for legitimate reasons and that personal data may no longer be held and has been deleted.

Is there anything I can do to get Satander to provide the paperwork of my loan? How else can I prove that I took out a loan with them?

Futhermore, I have had many years of dealings with the bank apart from the loan, but Santander have not complied with my SAR. They have not sent any information on all my other accounts I have with them.

Can someone please tell me what next I can do?

Many thanks

MBK

threads merged

keep to one thread per claim please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well you keep asking the same question asked before

in a new thread

and the old threads shows the responses.

of the last 4 times you've asked

dont think its worth going to court

to force them to give you something they have not got

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I don't believe it is the same question. Abbey have not sent info on my many accounts I have had with them.

I was with them since the 1990's and all they sent was a A4 sheet with a couple of lines....

I sent a SAR....surely they are obliged to sent info on my accounts that I have with them right now?

cheeky lot the, yes ofcourse they should be sending stuff they have within the 6yrs limit

shame its almost a year ao

did you fire off the failure to comply letter?

dx

and they

Hi Dx

Thanks for the reply.

I dont recall sending off a 'failure to comply'...but I will check to be absolutely sure.

If I havent done so, I shall do so in the next few days!

Thanks for your help once again.

Much appreciated.

Will keep you / CAG informed.

Regards

MBK

PS Thanks for merging once again....will stick to one thread in future.

or you could send another sar

if they write back saying we complied last year

you have them

dx

and they