Student Loans company and Mackenzie Hall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I need some advise re student loan company and Mackenzie Hall.

In December 2009 I got a letter from Credit Solutions saying I owed money to the student loan company.

I sent them a statue barred debt as the claim was over 6 years old.

They then told me I need to send the letter to Student loans company themselves, which I did.

After a couple of letters from Pauline Curran, which I replied to using template letters from here all went quite which was about April 2010.

At the end of last week I received a letter from Mackenzie Hall saying they had tried to contact me on repeated occasions when this was the first I had ever heard of them.

They said they may send a doorstep visit or advise their clients to issue a claim in my local court.

Then go on to say what could happen if such a claim is granted.

Finally they say I need to pay in the next 72 hours.

I am unsure what to do, I believed that the debet had been acknowledged as Statue Barred by both Credit solutions and Student loan company and don't know if they really can now pursue a claim against me in court.

Can anyone help me with some advise

Thanks

R

Can I ask, was this loan pre September 1998

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Muck hall just keep on banging those nails into their coffin!! Can't wait to see their demise and what new name they then give themselves! Silly little children..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes it is pre september 1998, I finished being a student in 1995.

That's ok then. Just one simple letter to Muck Hall:

" NER NER NE NER NERRR-Statute Barred- Go away"

Or use a letter from the library (top left) :lol:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

There is a hell of a lot of these cropping up at present, is something

occurring on these SB debts as in the DWP debts being dug up???

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yes, there seems to be a lot of desperation on getting this back,

Government pressure??

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Sorry to hijack this, but i have been getting letters of these muppets for about a year, and have just ignored them.

So reading the posts above am i right in that a SLC debt pre 98 can become SB, and would that be from when the last payment was or when they sent the Default Notice.

Thanks

Sorry to hijack this, but i have been getting letters of these muppets for about a year, and have just ignored them.

So reading the posts above am i right in that a SLC debt pre 98 can become SB, and would that be from when the last payment was or when they sent the Default Notice.

Thanks

Last payment! (Or the date the first payment is missed)

Jogs

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I decided to ignore the initial letter, after reading the replies and today got a letter from MeritForce saying they can do an Authorised Collector Visit, authorised by Mackenzie hall, and that they an authorised collector may make a visit to your property within the next 10 days.

With if there collector informs then that no positive commitment towards clearing the debt has taken place, your account will be returned to this office and formal proceddings may be considered.

Then saying I need to contact Macknezie Hall Limited by phone.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Richard

Muck hall and their tame threat letter from meritfarce can be ignored, No one will turn up, if they do choose your words wisely, and tell them to foxtrot oscar or you will call the police and have them arrested for a breach of the peace.

You are worrying over nothing, this is only a letter containing empty threats, give them a ring and ask them if the man from meritfarce wants tea or coffee and will he want chocolate hob nobs with that?

How many times does the word "May" appear? "Might" "Could" ?

Ignore them they are hilarious.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Dear old Merit Farce and the DOORSTOP COLLECTIONS MANAGER.

find a large brick for his collection:madgrin: