Victim of Idenity Theft - Help!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It has come to my attention that several mobile phone contracts have been open using my details. I have managed to close 2 out of the 4 phone accounts. The remaining 2 accounts, 3g and o2 are currently in dispute. They said they have carried out thorough fraud investigations and claim that its NOT ID fraud as my personal bank details were used. But if that was the case, isn't ID theft about taking someone details to obtain goods or services?

Both phone companies are making me liable, and have not provided me with sufficient evidence to suggest that my details were used.

I have complained in writing and also provided a crime ref number, but have been unable to resolve this matter. I have thier debt collectors chasing me havent clue where I stand with this.

Any advise would be helpful.

just simply fwd the dca's the crime ref number then ignore them

don t forget they have no legal powers to do anything to you

they are just trying to spoof money out of you

i bet the OC's wrote the debt off against tax years ago.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

my misses had a similar and ongoing problem.last nov she changed phone contracts from 02 to orange in a carphone warehouse. they said they had cancelled the 02contract she would recieve confirmation of it in the post.a month later she got a bill for her old tarriff from 02 carphone warehouse told her they would sort it and she should ignore it followed by exactly the same in jan.in feb she got phone call from bailiffs looking for just over £200 which she paid and they forwarded a reciept. she paid because she got such a shock and didnt want them following up with more charges etc.since then there has been plenty of phone calls and 3 trips to the carphone warehouse which is over 20miles away so thats well over 60miles in total. everytime she gets fobbed off in the shop between managers moving or days off etc.11 months later and the shop wont give us copies off emails etc between them an 02 they keep saying oh it looks like phone fraud but no one is accepting responsibility

so far she is over £200 out of pocket plus credit rating must have got a hammering after bailiffs got involved and also mine as we are attached financially through a joint bank account.i dont think its out of order to ask for her money back plus so form of compensation for all the phone calls and mileage travelled. going back on saturday so now it will be the guts of near 100miles travelled.i am half tempted to sit in the shop till its sorted and if they got to get the police to remove us then so be it

i actually left out that the bills on the phone were run up by someone else and the number was taken out by someone on the same day according to the manager at the time in carphone warehouse