Help!! Hsbc credit card agreement

thebeatseeker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4657 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone help me out here??

Am looking for guidance on my hsbc credit card agreement.

I have enclosed the agreement with the accompanying letter.

The agreement was sent with multiple pages of a"2009 variation of agreement terms and conditions"

I wrote back to them saying i did not think this constituted a valid agreement, and that i believe the account to be in dispute.

I have enclosed the reply they gave.

Any advise here would be much appreciated.

Thanks

m

hsbc credit card agreement.pdf

Edited by thebeatseeker

Hi.Have read through the letters from HSBC,this is not the answer you want to hear,they comply with the requirements as they stand at this point in time

If this went to court,the recon documents plus proof you used the credit card and made payments into that account will be enough for HSBC to win

Have there been any charges ie late payment charges etc..any PPI involved?? it is possible to claim some of these back if applicable.

Sorry not the answer you wanted

Regards FS

Hmmm, I dont think that is quite accurate, firstship.

They have complied with the s78 requirements, but that document does NOT contain any of the required prescribed terms.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

CitizenB will go with your knowledge on this one,you are correct according to the guidelines,my only concern as you can read in my reply,Recon agreement +usage of the account+ and payments into the account, seem to be the formula for winning.Its wrong as you indicate and I am aware,but a fact of life

Worth challenging HSBC

Thankyou FS

Thank you very much guys,

No additional charges firstship.

So you would agree the account is in dispute citizenB? Am currently on £1 token monthly payments.Do you think i should stop payments?

Please excuse my ignorance, but if i stopped the payments and they took me to court and won. would i be liable for all costs incurred?

many thanks

m

Hi

I think the other thing to consider here is why are token payments of £1 being made.

If this is all you can afford due to, say, falling on hard times, then even if they did take you to court then a Judge will only get you to pay what you can afford to pay. If that is £1 then so be it.

Perhaps a little more detail would be useful as to why you issued a CCA to HSBC in the first place. Usually a CCA request is sent to a DCA to ensure they have a right to collect...not usually to the Original Creditor.

As I say, if you can give more details as to the debt and the circumstances it would make it easier to give you the relevant help with this.

Thanks

Kind regards

ims

The most important item is to continue to pay the £1, even though the account can be regarded as in Dispute,by continuance of payments should the worst happen and you go to court(this is unlikely,as you are paying as much as you can afford)the Judge will take into account your willingness to pay and he would award continuance of payment of £1

I am well aware that an account in Dispute you could stop payment,but take my and many others advice DONT,stop payments.

CitizenB is quite correct regarding that the prescribed terms are missing from the document,so you can put the account in dispute,and it is clear in the guidelines the document must contain this information.The courts are very fickle and I assure you Recon Agreement+usage of the OCs money+records of payments will be sufficient in most circumstances for the OC to win the case

This is so wrong,that even Judges are making it up as they go along.

Regards FS

Thanks guys,

I have been on a dept management plan with the c.c.c.s since last aug paying token payments of £1a month ims21.

Hsbc have been the most awkward,(even though i have held accounts with them since they were midland).They have passed on my loan to a dca charges and interest are frozen on this

But with my my current acount and credit card they refused the token payment offer and continue to add charges and interest on both accounts.

These are considerable amounts and they seem to ignore all correspondence asking for a temporary reprieve.

That is why i cca'd them.

Thanks for the advise on the token payments firstship.

I think i will continue these even though i have issued them with the account dispute letter stating that i will be ceasing the token payments.

Many thanks

m

Hi

On the credit card side of things you ought to be lookig at claiming back all unlawful charges such as "over limit" and "late payment". These can be reclaimed with interest which would reduce your overall liability.

Do some reading around the bank forums to get an idea of the process involved.

Regards

ims