Morgage arrears

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am going court tommorrow for my what was my morgage arrears,Which was £2.400.In which i paid.Then I owe a personal loan of £400.Whcih i owe.Because i got behind.But i cant beleive i still have to go to court I paid the morgage i owed. But they say i still have to go Because of this £400. I still owe.I thought they have let me pay the loan as usuall then something on top.I am hoping for the phone call to say i dont have to go.She did say can you get the £400.I said i borrowed the £2400.I cant borrow any more.I am frightened incase the still reposses my home for £400.Can they do this?

Are the mortgage and the loan linked? who is the lender ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

In what way are they linked ? is the loan secured on the property ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

so is the £400 arrears on the loan, or the total outstanding ?

I take it this is the same case as your other thread here? http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?311737-morgage-arrears-i-have-to-go-to-court-help!!

You say you paid off the arrears in one go - how did you do that ?

Have you sent a defence in to court ?

You're going to have to take a statement to court with you tomorrow. Can you answer the following questions and I can try and draft something for you to take:

Do you have proof of the £2,400 payment you made to clear the arrears?

Can you afford the monthly payments on the mortgage from now on ?

Can you afford the loan repayments + a little towards the arrears ?

Hi yes i can afford the payments.Its just the last `14mths have been hell for me.Lost 4 of my family including my dad.Sister.Couldnt handle it so i turned to the bottle.Which i am proud to say i am tee total now :) I am getting myself sorted out.Because you wont solve your problems at the bottom of a bottle.I will take a ll my paper work thanks.I am just frightend Incase he takes my home off me.

Maggie, make sure you get to the court early tomorrow and ask if there are any free legal advisors on duty - they can come in to the hearing with you and support your case.

Went to court.I have to pay a extra £10.It was nothing like i expected,The judge was a very nice.I can now sleep at nite knowing its a all sorted it, For other people going to court? Its not as bad as you think.

Hi Maggie, glad you got it all sorted and well done for being so brave :) - I know you were dreading it. Were there any free legal advisors there to help you ?

What are you paying the extra £10 for - is for the £400 arrears on the loan ?

Hi yes the £10.off the £400.And there was no one there to advise me.The young lady from the yorkshire bank was fantastic.She asked me how much i would offer them to clear the arreas.She was brilliant.We where in the court for 5 mins.There were other people there too in the same position as me.