• Tweets

• The problem is nuisance/ spoof calls could be coming from the UK or anywhere around the world ?   They are tricking caller display into showing number from "Example" 0161 123 4567" Manchester number, but the call can ordinate from the other side of the world.    BT and Ofcom are aware of this problem, but they are  not having much success in finding a solution as most these calls come from overseas and are outside the EU.   Another trick these scammers are using is, they have software set up on a computer that would dial every phone number Possible.   A computer with dial the code "Example" 0121 200 then dialling every number range from 0001 to 9999, then every time some answer call a operator is alerted, this is how scammers are even getting through to ex directory number.   Same with mobiles, a computer with dial the code "Example" 07661 then dialling every number range from 500000 to 599999.   Scammers are also using VOIP to make All these calls for very little cost to them or even free.   https://tinyurl.com/y64dvvh2     ...  
    • It is telling though that a week in and none of those contributors have had anything to say.
    • Before i fire off a SB letter to BW i have question.   I've read some threads re SB and there is some conflicting advice given   One is to send the SB, the other is not to as it invites letter tennis and the "yes it is, no it isnt"   Given that i have a PAPLOC, should i return that witin the 30 days, send the SB or do both?   Thanks   Martin
    • Thank you for your response. So the bit about being entitled to any VAT or PPI payments, are they entitled to this?
    • Thanks for your reply dx100uk appreciate your help. Is this the barred letter Updated Nov 19? So I not need to wait for agreement or send correspondence to Resolvecall? thanks 
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3349 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good Afternoon All.

I have a Bank Account that only my wages are paid into - no debit card comes with this account which

I have no problem with as this means I have total control of this account.

I owe £250.00 to a Debt Collecting Agency - I have informed them that I have no Debit Card with this account. They have just asked me by E-Mail if I could use somebody else's card which has really annoyed me.

Are they allowed to ask this - sorry for my ignorance but could do with some advise.

Judi5060

NO

By using another persons debit/credit card, this would show up on their statements as payments to a DCA (if they did some investigating)

I'm sure you want everyone knowing your situation :|

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Good Afternoon All.

I have a Bank Account that only my wages are paid into - no debit card comes with this account which

I have no problem with as this means I have total control of this account.

I owe £250.00 to a Debt Collecting Agency - I have informed them that I have no Debit Card with this account. They have just asked me by E-Mail if I could use somebody else's card which has really annoyed me.

Are they allowed to ask this - sorry for my ignorance but could do with some advise.

Judi5060

Hi Judi

They're not allowed to coerce you into selling property/extend borrowing to repay them so in a way they're not doing anything wrong but I do think it's rather cheeky

The problem I would have is giving them access to a friends account just in case (Fingers crossed and trying hard to hide my cynical expression) someone at the DCA's office got a little over zealous/trigger happy and (Totally by mistake of course) managed to take more then the approved payment, I mean accidents do happen :flypig:

If you do any internet Banking you could get thier details and do a direct transfer, asking for a Bank Draft of a friend to send a cheque on your behalf will of course take away the annonimity of your situation plus PO's will add a fair amount on due to the charge for buying them

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

I think it might be worth reporting this DCA to the OFT, as what they have suggested is almost certainly against OFT guidelines.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D