• Tweets

• Hello again,   My husband's court date for the above is next week and he is extremely anxious and worried about it.    I explained that it is just a hearing to see if the court will enter a summary judgement and that they probably will not due to his statement that was sent, but he is worried that he will be put on the spot and asked questions and that he will get a CCJ..   I have said that he can just refer to his statement if asked anything and that it may be in a room type of thing, rather than an official looking courtroom..   Am I right in the above please?   Also, what happens if someone from Cabot doesn't attend? Does that make any difference? Should my husband be ready to say something about it to help in his favour, if so what?   Apologies for all of the questions, I know that you two are very much in demand all over the website. 
    • Is this correct ?
    • OK, so I've rather unfairly picked up a CCJ from a business overdraft debt that's been going on for years. I had court claim forms in 2014 which I managed to stave off. and again in sept 2016. This time I've acknowledged the service, filling in what I thought was the correct amount I thought I owed. I've since had the personal guarantee paper copies in my possession and I owe £21K. I sent them back along with a new address for all correspondence to be sent to, and then agreed to a Tomlin order to pay debt off monthly.  Now, these were sent back and forth and eventually signed, but apparently only partially. So DD was set up at same time, in Jan 2017. over next couple of months we paid, and also go letters to sign new Tomlin which we ignored as it was signed. In March we got another TO with 7 days to sign it and send back. We had one day to get this to them and phoned to say it wouldn't be there, that's ok they said, well extend it, just keep paying and send it back asap, we did send recorded (since lost receipt). We assumed they'd got it, and didn't hear a peep from them. Until July 18, when I found id got a CCJ from Feb that year. I've logged a complaint with solicitor, and had a response, they are denying any knowledge of anything. They had no TO so took it to court without my knowledge.  I didn't think there was anything I can do. However, as it turns out, the court sent papers to an old address even though solicitor had new address for 13 months, and address for correspondence was on the claim papers I sent back. Upon closer inspection the numbers are all wrong too, nor a lot but its about £200 adrift. We called their office too within the 30 day notice period, oddly they have no record of that.  And all this is on a "Business Charge Card Guarantee" …. anyone explain that?? In the mean time we've paid £5K+ of the debt off. At no point did anyone in the process let us know we'd had the CCJ logged against us. Is that right?? Or legal? I was intending to get it set side, but was told by them it was pointless. Just want to get back to point A. Paying it isn't the problem, it getting the CCJ reset. Please Help!!! 
    • same with jaguar s-types etc. all kind of weird issues if the battery is on the way out or the terminals/earth straps are not reconnected tightely/properly.   mine was the earthing strap to the gearbox, was rotted and got knocked during the gearbox oil change.
    • what have they got that they can respond too that counters your SB defence? zilch.   as with every erudio claimform or PAPLOC thread on CAG you solely got the claim because for whatever reason , to that date, everything was ignored.   once a response is made they go away.   default CCJ avoided. you must read up and understand how arrows [erudio!!] operate  
  • Our picks

seen this before

Welfare to Work policy 'casts the disabled as cheats'

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1940 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

increasing evidence that backs up these clams above.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news/64000-on-sickness-benefit-39fit.6808226.jp

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14280849

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/07/27/only-7-of-people-on-sickness-benefit-are-unable-to-work-115875-23299527/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/charities-angry-over-ministers-crackdown-on-disability-benefits-2326481.html

sadly the comment left here typifies the discrimination those face with mental health problems are facing in applying for work.the real world.

And what of the mentally ill?

Physically they may be OK but do you really want dangerous and mad people working in sensitive environments just because the tests show they can pick a phone up or carry a sack of cement.

Maybe once one or two of these people have run amok in the workplace it might make ministers realise that its not just a wheelchair that makes people disabled.

Edited by seen this before

And what of the mentally ill?

Physically they may be OK but do you really want dangerous and mad people working in sensitive environments just because the tests show they can pick a phone up or carry a sack of cement.

Maybe once one or two of these people have run amok in the workplace it might make ministers realise that its not just a wheelchair that makes people disabled.

it's been quite a while since i had the asessment to see if i was too ill to work.

asessing someone on wether that can pick up certain things...how do they walk...can they prepare a meal...can they dress themselves...can they get in/out of bed...can they wash themseves...none of it applies to mental illnesses.

at the time of the asessment i had had it was due to depression, self-harm, anxiety and anorexia.

could i prepare a meal...yes but anorexia obviously meant that i didn't.

could i wash myself, get in/out of bed, dress myself...yes but depression [and other mental illnesses] often mean you don't do those things cause you don't care about yourself.

could i walk, pick up stuff...of course i could...the only physical issues i had were mainly caused by the anorexia....such as fainting and being weak.

i went to a&e loads of times cause i fainted/collapsed and self-harm...they just send you home.

they even said i wasn't ill enough for DLA because i hadn't been admitted to the psych' ward!

people with ED's are only admitted to the psych' ward if thier weight is do low that they are force-fed...so it's not a common thing.

not to mention the fact i would have done anything to stay out of the ward. that's the last place i wanted to be!

like you said you don't have to be in a wheelchair to be disabled.

they need a separate set of questions for mental illnesses.

they need a separate set of questions for mental illnesses.

They do

well like i said above they didn't when i applied...although that was a while ago now.

Even if they didn't, I found that most of the questions for DLA could be applied to mental health.

Despite the Government campaign to label many disabled people as workshy, I think even PR man Cameron will have a job selling cancer patients with 'more than 6 months to live' as skivers. But then the Government's done a pretty good job labeling nurses, care workers and teachers as overpaid money-grabbers, so anything's possible.

I found that most of the questions for DLA could be applied to mental health.

can you cook yourself a meal? wash yourself? dress yourself? yes. physically i'm obviously capable.

I have just got DLA and ESA support group, yes I can cook for myself, wash myself, dress ect but it takes me hours to recover after! Plus being with large amounts of people is a danger for me...infection danger and physical danger! One nudge or bump to my abdomen could mean serious injury problems!

I have just got DLA and ESA support group, yes I can cook for myself, wash myself, dress ect but it takes me hours to recover after! Plus being with large amounts of people is a danger for me...infection danger and physical danger! One nudge or bump to my abdomen could mean serious injury problems!

I have just been turned down for DLA im on ESA.....im not working and my wife is not working as she has to help me most of the time,

im about to appeal! and im going to give it to them big time......

Don,t lose heart. I also got turned down the first time. I sent in more medical evidence and a long letter about their findings. The out come was a ATOS home visit and I won. I only received the mobility side, so I,m appealing for carers allowance. What does not stack up on their side is they agree i,m a cripple, but cant seem to see I need help with daily tasks. I think the DWP just throw hurdles at people to see if they stumble and back down.

Edited by OlafJensen
spelling

It is truly appalling to come accross ill-informed; invidious and self-serving politicians, who little understand the concept of disability - let alone poverty. I have always worked and studied my way through life, until very recent times, and often taken jobs well below my skill set because I was over-qualified for some jobs here in the UK. I am currently pursuing a career in writing as an extremely gifted author, despite suffering long-term clinical depression; social anxiety and PTSD - I don't allow these terms of 'disability' to define me however, because of the holistic views I have regarding what constitutes a full-person and their individual capabilities.

We all have one disability of kind or another; regardless of what socioeconomic background someone is from. Who is deserving of social welfare assistance from time to time, is most definitely the responsibility of the state who have an allocated budget specifically for those out of work, for whatever reason. It is shocking how much foreign aid they pour into global anti-terrorist projects - buying political 'peace' because they have slashed their own military services, as well as lining their own pockets in the humungous tax-relief of their paid-for expenses claims.

In addition, what about the foreign penniless women, who come to live over here because they are married to wealthy partners - are they scroungers too?. I have met a few in my time, and they do not work, just live off their partner as well as claim child benefits. I could easily amass a huge list of what 'type' of scroungers that politicians readily refer to as 'work-shy'. I had forgotten to mention over-paid celebrities/footballers who deliver nothing more than the goods they are paid, and those that simply inherit an existence because the notion of work too much a a reality shock!.