Black Horse Van Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have no idea if this is in the right place or not but here goes!!

I took out a Black Horse Finance agreement to purchase a van over 5 years £150 a month back in November 2009. It's a 2nd hand van and had 53K on the clock when I got it, an 06 plate Transit. Previously it was a lease van.

I haven't been happy with it since I got it, there was it never seemed to perform right. I had it in the garage of the van sales people within a a week of getting it cos it was smoking and missing power at 2000 revs, they corrected it saying it hadn't been serviced in god knows how long and replaced the air flow meter. It seemed to run alright for a short while, when I got a knocking noise.

Eventually this went in the garage and found out it need all the hydraulic followers replacing in the engine. This was within 2 months of getting the van. Also they mentioned problem with the fuel pump but it seemed to run ok. I've had various other parts replaced on this vehicle also since I had it, had no end of problems and now it has ceased to work due to fuel pump problem. Also I believe the turbo isn't in good shape either.

I have spent well over £2000 in garage bills not to mention all the regular servicing I have done with oil changes, etc. Ok some of it is wear and tear, but a van with now 133K on the clock, mostly motorway work should not have this amount of problems!!! Garages I have been to reckon either this vehicle has been clocked or very poorly maintained before I got it which has resulted in early failure of parts. But I think this would be very difficult to prove as it came without service history, etc.

To fix the problems with it will cost me at least another £2-3K which I just haven't got, and I still have 3 and half years to pay on it.

I can now no longer afford to run this vehicle and want to know if I have the right to return it to Black Horse and what the consequences would be? Is it worth blackening my good credit history to get rid of this problem???

Please anyone with expertise in this, I hope you can help. At the moment its sat on my drive SORNed and I'm still paying £150 a month for it!!

Many thanks

Mark

• 4 months later...

Hi, I Know it's been a long while since I posted the previous message about Black Horse Finance agreement. I wasn't able to answer the question at the time as I couldn't find the agreement paperwork. However, after a long overdue sort-out, I came across the agreement which says 'Hire Purchase Agreement'. Does this help, and can anyone answer the above question for me? Many thanks.