Letter from DCA, advice greatly appreciated

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, will do. Thank you. I was wondering about the dispute thing as i don't want them starting proceedings whilst we are waiting on the bank to provide the requested info.

One more thing, what is the best way to send the £10, would they accept a postal order?

Ta again

ftp

Yes, is better than a cheque but make sure you make a note of the PO so you can trace if it's been cashed ;)

• Confused 1

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Great :-)

I have been looking for this letter template on this site and using Google and seem to have found different versions. This seems to be the most relevant one: (i can't post the link unfortunately but it is from this site and is summarised below)

(A Subject access request which is an alternative to one being made for a charge reclaim. Geared more towards debt collection...You should send a £10 postal order with each one and address it to the Data Controller at each company (send recorded or guaranteed) they have to respond in 40 days)

would this be the one you would recommend?

Also, looking at the credit agreement it is for a finance company on behalf of a bank, which one do i send it to?

Sorry for all the questions, i just want to make sure we get this right.

ta, can i just clarify who i need to send it to, is it finance company who arranged the loan or the bank? The credit agreement has the finance company's name across the top and it was 'signed on behalf of xx bank'.

cheers

ftp

Send it to the Finance Company

if you have been paying them or

to the bank if it's them you have

been paying.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: