Change of ownership - not notified...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have scanned the forum but can't seem to find anything related so I wonder if anyone can help...

I joined Bannatynes Gym in Cheltenham back in November time on a no contract deal. I used it quite a bit but february time i kinda dropped out of going as you do with Gyms. Come April/May time on reading my bank statement i noticed a new dd payment being taken by fitness4less having not heard of this company and having no agreement with them i immediately cancelled the payment with my bank as i thought it was potentially fraudulent. It appears that the bannatynes gym i signed up to has been taken over by this fitness4less. I rang the gym and was informed over the phone of the change obviously i was pretty pi***d off that they had not thought to inform members of the change. They informed me that i had to give one months notice of cancellation in writing (which I have done) and assured me that the manager would contact me to deal with my complaint.

Well some contact all I have had is a letter stating that I owe them outstanding fees and saying that they emailed me about the change of company. attached was a copy of an email sent to an email address that I had not provided them with! There was no apology and nothing addressed the fact that i had made several complaints both by phone and in person. A few months later I have received another letter stating this:

dear xx

despite previous attempts to contact you, your outstanding dept still remains unpaid.

In accordance with the terms and conditions of your membership you are obliged to complete the initial membership period that you agreed to upon joining and provide one months written notice to cancel the membership. All remaining fees are now due and payable.

In order to prevent this matter being taken further, please pay the outstanding debt within 7 days of the above date.

Should the full outstanding amount remain unpaid after these 7 days, we will forward your details to our debt collection agency, where additional charges may become payable. We would also like to advise you that at this point the matter can no longer be dealt with by the club staff.

If you are experiencing difficulty in making the outstanding payment please call us immediately so we can discuss an alternative arrangement.

We urge you to contact us as soon as possible to resolve this matter and if you have any other queries regarding your membership, we will be happy to help.

Yours Sincerely

xxxx

general manager

xxx

tel.xxx

So no details of how much i supposedly owe and no address to write back to and no indication of how I am supposed to pay said monies.

Any Advice gratefully received?...

thanks RRF

Hi RRF and welcome to CAG

So was there no minimum initial membership period.

When did you give them the one month's notice.

What date was the last DD paid from your bank.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)