Jump to content

HMRC request for 2008/09 P60


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I got a letter today from HMRC asking me to suppy my 2008/09 P60 to "check that you have paid the correct amount of tax and to bring your records up to date. This is because some of your employment records are not available to me" (?). Seeing as I've been employed by the same company (Northern Ireland Civil Service) for 25 years and pay my income tax by PAYE, my P60 is issued by HMRC, and I have no additional income, I fail to see how this is the case.


Anyway, I think this is leading up to a P800 demand for underpaid tax. If this is the case, what action do I need to take to get it written off?

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have acopy of your P60 which you should have, I would just send it to them and then wait.

as for P800 demand wait until you get one and then see what to do, sometimes you do get a refund!

get back to us when you get that demand, a few things to try. I did and won eventually!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Before posting your P60 - take a couple of photocopies.


I was asked the same a few years ago. I did not hear from HMRC for sometime so I telephoned the number on the initial letter and requested the P60 returned. I received a letter stating they can not find the P60 and gave the amounts of total pay and tax paid. Yet another couple of months later the P60 arrived - obviously some one found it in their In Tray...


Good luck,


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...