Npower: Charged twice and misleading bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my story with npower.

To see all the bills please visit:

Mr Magpie1's photostream in flickr.com

To: npower

Cc:

Sent: Tue, 21 June, 2011 11:05:29

Subject: Fw: charged twice and misleading bill

Dear npower

I have received your email (Tue, 17 May, 20119:38:55) where you write: Dear Mr Magpie1,there is no bill to replace the billwhich was issued to you 1 March 2011(5th bill). This bill is correct

I am really sorry but it is absolutely clear that I have been charged twice between the units 4752 and 4917 on the Electricity summary (please see 1st and 2nd bills attached). I contacted you straight away and after a very long formal complaint you agreed to pay back the amount of money I had been charged twice. I accepted this only because I did not want to cause you any problems.

After a while you sent the 5th bill (issued on 1 March2011). This is a misleading bill. I have not received any comment about this from theOmbudsman but I do not need the Ombudsman to recognize that this is not a proper bill nor to acknowledge that I was billed twice between the 1st and 2nd bills and take this matter before a court.

What are your intentions? What do you want to do to solve this situation?

Please find attached:

. 1st bill

.2nd bill

.3rd bill

.4th bill

.5th bill

.6th bill

Regards

Mr Magpie1

----- ForwardedMessage ----

Cc:

Sent: Sat, 14 May, 2011 22:10:01

Subject: Fw: bill

Dear npower

Following the email I sent you on Mon, 28 March,2011 15:58:17 (please see forwarded message here below) I am still waitingfor a proper bill to replace the misleading bill you issued on 1st March2011.

On 30 March, 2011 18:32:49 you wrote: “I haveissued you with a proper bill today (5th Bill) and this will be withyou within the next 7-14 working days.”

I am sorry but I have not received anything yet.

Should we take legal proceeding? What do you want to do to solve these issues? What are your intentions? Please let me know.

Regards

Mr Magpie1

Cc:

Sent: Mon, 28 March, 2011 15:58:17

Subject: Fw: bill

Dear npower

I know my rights. You have to send a proper bill torequest a payment. This is the law.

Your billing is not clear. Furthermore it hasmissing parts.

The bill has to be clear enough to allow everybodyto read it. I would like to point out that your bill should be understood bythe majority of the population even by people with a low level of education.Besides I showed your bill to people with more than one degree and even a PhDbut they were not able to understand it either.

After what has just happened I cannot believe youare still behaving in this way. If you wish we could take this matter beforea judge. Please let me know.

Otherwise please send me a proper bill.

In addition to what I wrote in my previous email(please see forwarded message below) I still do not understand the followingquotations on the 5th bill (the last one):

1) “Electricity summary-Cancelled bill 03/02/11(inc. VAT of £2.35) -£49.39”

2) “Gas summary- Cancelled bill 03/02/11 (inc. VATof £1.93) -£40.61

What happened on 03/02/11?

3) Why does the gas summary start from 31/12/10instead of starting from 21/10/10?

4) Why do you write: “Payment received with thanks-£65.00”? I did not pay you any amount of money between 31/12/10 and 27/02/11.Is this maybe the amount of money you are paying me to settle theprevious matter? If so, please put this quotation were it should be in theelectricity summary.

5) What happened between the 4th and5th bills?

Regards

Mr Magpie1

Cc:

Sent: Tue, 22 March, 2011 9:22:19

Subject: bill

Dear npower

I have just received your letter and your 5thbill. In order to accept your request of payment I need to receive all thecorrect information. I apologise but I do not understand the following points:

1) I need to know why on the 5th bill itis written:

“Electricity summary-your previous bill £172.58”

“Gas summary-your previous bill £473.79”

I would like you to notice that on the previousbill (the 4th bill) we can find different amounts:

“Electricity summary-amount to pay £112.69”

“Gas summary-amount to pay £263.21”

2) I need to know why on the 5th bill itis written:

“Gas summary-Payment received with thanks (ortransfer) -£65”

Is this the amount of money that you are paying meto settle the matter on the current case ref: 615431? I would like you tonotice that the issue is on the Electricity summary.

Please find attached:

Your letter

The 5th bill

The 4th bill

Regards

Mr Magpie1

Edited by Mr Magpie1