Norton motorcycles warning

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - we have engaged a lawyer in the UK so waiting to hear but we actually got an article about our experience in a NZ motorbike magazine call Bike Rider Magazine. They emailed Norton for their side - guess what - as expected no reply. As stated in one of the emails bike mags are not interested - some time accountability has to have an impact from both Norton and associates perspective. I can't believe Garner has the ability to present at an entrepreneurs conference recently and give interviews - this is one callous guy (and Kay Johnson his offsider). I actually spoke to a journalist who interviewed and wrote about Garner about 3 months ago in a UK paper - he was unaware of the issues purchasers are having - he is now.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have passed on my details to admin (via emails and PM) and I kind of need to press on with this since more news is coming in daily. I would therefore repeat my request for Bob ot anyone else to contact me for a chat. This can be done via the bikerglory website. Since I can't post a disguised email address on here or link to the site, a google bikerglory search will find me. It really does matter that someone in the press starts applying pressure irrespective of any legal threats or official consumer involvement - one of the most striking facts of this case is the way that Norton have escaped censure in the motorcycle media.....

One other point. I'm also interested in anyone who has tried to bring this matter to the attention of the motorcycle press and been knocked back, only to find them bigging up Norton in subsequent editorial content. If this has been your experience, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

:mad2:

Hi all ,

BESWICKS sued NORTON for me and got my money back and £1660 extra - for which they charged me £660.

Don't be the last one sueing them , get hold of Beswicks asap and get your money back .

There are several stages to it and Norton will ignore it until stage three .....closure order .

Also talk to the guy from the press with your story - he's trying to get MCN to publish it , as they have been ignoring the problems all along .

NORTON are STILL taking deposits from people ........ Jesus , the head sales guy told me he was ok doing that still .....

I know of 3 other people still waiting , one has just started with Breswicks to sue - the others have their heads buried in the sand - cos they THINK they are gonna get a bike .... WAKE UP - they're not making any .

Over n out , Steve .

PS Beswicks info is on a previous post - thanks to that guy , big time .

Bringing thread up to date as requested by Conniff,

My bike is built and is to be delivered this week! Norton even sent me pics of it's build :)

a friend of mine had his Norton delivered last week.

Hello everyone,

First post here, but been observing a LONG time....

Ordered a cafe racer dec 09 !! for delivery may 2010.......SO..... 2yrs and 8 months later, after i think now, 13 !! PROMISED delivery dates and enough (laughable) excuses to write a book....this is the latest chapter..-

From feb 2012 i was told i was 'no.2' on the list,and delivery was imminent. the only trouble was they wer'nt makin any bikes...Anyway, a month ago me n my mate (who ordered his cafe racer april 2010) paid a visit to Norton. There were 4 or 5 built bikes ready to go out and 4 in various stages of build on the benches. I enquired that 'i thought i was no.2 on the list?' to which 'it depends which list, as there are 3 !!' was the reply. Ha Ha....I was shown on the computor screen that i was actually no.14.....

In the following 2 weeks i went from no.14 to no.22 to no.28..........

SO told Norton i had finally had enough......(my mate wasnt even on a list, after being told he was no.9 all year....)

My mate has been in touch with Beswicks and they issued Norton with a first letter....(I at this point had only 'warned,' Norton of my intent to do so, via e-mail to them)

Anyway, BOTH of us have received calls off Norton to say our bikes are now in the process of being built...and have received e-mails to say we'll have our bikes by sept 1st....OR FULL REFUND.......

Beswicks say this is just a delaying tactic but Nortons sales are saying its really gonna happen this time.....SO the solicitors are on HOLD for the time being.......

BIKE....? I'll believe it when i see it......If i ever do , of course.....I really hope so...

Hello everyone,

First post here, but been observing a LONG time....

Ordered a cafe racer dec 09 !! for delivery may 2010.......SO..... 2yrs and 8 months later, after i think now, 13 !! PROMISED delivery dates and enough (laughable) excuses to write a book....this is the latest chapter..-

From feb 2012 i was told i was 'no.2' on the list,and delivery was imminent. the only trouble was they wer'nt makin any bikes...Anyway, a month ago me n my mate (who ordered his cafe racer april 2010) paid a visit to Norton. There were 4 or 5 built bikes ready to go out and 4 in various stages of build on the benches. I enquired that 'i thought i was no.2 on the list?' to which 'it depends which list, as there are 3 !!' was the reply. Ha Ha....I was shown on the computor screen that i was actually no.14.....

In the following 2 weeks i went from no.14 to no.22 to no.28..........

SO told Norton i had finally had enough......(my mate wasnt even on a list, after being told he was no.9 all year....)

My mate has been in touch with Beswicks and they issued Norton with a first letter....(I at this point had only 'warned,' Norton of my intent to do so, via e-mail to them)

Anyway, BOTH of us have received calls off Norton to say our bikes are now in the process of being built...and have received e-mails to say we'll have our bikes by sept 1st....OR FULL REFUND.......

Beswicks say this is just a delaying tactic but Nortons sales are saying its really gonna happen this time.....SO the solicitors are on HOLD for the time being.......

BIKE....? I'll believe it when i see it......If i ever do , of course.....I really hope so...

Welcome to CAG h2al and thank you for posting your experience.

follow up to my post of the 22nd.

My Norton was delivered Wednesday the 25th :-D

17 months after I paid in full for it. Been through all the emotions everyone else has here but am so glad I didn't follow up my initial contact with Beswicks and hung on to receive a fabulous motorcycle. What the factory are saying lately is the truth so hang in there and you'll get your bike just like I did.

I used to feel envious of the people who'd had refunds but this morning strangely enough I feel sorry for them :lol:

Please don't feel sorry, I am extremely happy to have received a refund. I am also pleased you are happy. I might be wrong but the ploy over the last few years has been for Norton to deliver a few bikes, this maintains the myth so that others will part with their money. I have purchased 5 Triumphs (new models) over the last 10 years, a few teething problems fixed without problem, I have a fantastic Tiger 800, when I buy a bike I buy it to use so the purchase is the easy part, what happens next is what I pay for - I wonder about Norton post-purchase. All the best with your Norton.

very happy for you Bev888 :whoo:I rang Norton today and was told you had taken delivery of your bike,so you letting us all know means the salesman was tellin the truth....

He was also ADAMANT that my bike will be delivered by the end of August...

I hope he was still tellin the truth........:???:

• 3 weeks later...

A well researched and written account which makes sad reading and confirms the problems faced by past would be customers and their use of the legal system or at least their threats to use the legal system to be refunded.

I can confirm that in my conversation with the CEO of Norton, there was no substantive reassurance except to say that they had turned the corner and that all outstanding customers had either received their bike or been refunded.

If you know any different, then please get in touch with us.

Some of the correspondence with foreign dealers however haven't made such pleasant reading while others are awaiting delivery of stock.

It has also been noted that European suppliers have received an email from Norton requesting that any further correspondence from this forum be either sent to him or deleted.

Stuart Garner was invited to take part or be represented in this forum but declined.

just gonna bring my saga up to date-

'briefly',- deposit paid dec09, balance paid aug10, countless promised but failed delivery dates,

BUT TODAY, Norton rang me to say my bike starts its build tomorrow !! and 'hopefully' we are

gonna meet the deadline,around the beginning of september (that IS 2012...):violin:

Please, please let it happen....please please Norton.......

I own a 961se.

It was ordered Novembr 2009 with a quoted delivery date as March - April 2010

I collected the bike from the factory on the 28th April 2010

All of my questions were answered fairly promptly and I was kept up to date with the build of my bike.

I must have been lucky or something!

First time poster in this forum, bare with me. I worked for Norton for almost 2 years and confirm that the company was not run in a professional way at any level.

May not be able to shed any light on events that you aren't alady aware of but if I can help in any way I will.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i no people that used to work there and some of the things i heard they did to get bikes out the door was shocking (robbing parts of customers bikes which came in for repairs ect) and i feel sorry for the people who have actually recieved a bike never mind the ones who havnt recieved one.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've just joined to add to this thread that Norton appear to be getting bikes out more regularly now. My own 961 Sport arrived two weeks ago and I am extremely pleased that I decided to wait for it rather than demanding a refund. So pleased it's here that I'm taking it off for its first service shortly (even though we've had such bad weather recently!).

My experience with Norton was at times frustrating as I obviously just wanted my bike, however due credit to Andy Jeans for some quite honest chats about what was going on at the factory and why delays were happening. I'm sure it is (was?) as equally frustrating for them not being able to deliver the bikes as it is for the purchasers.

Cheers!

Interesting to see how the tone of this thread has changed from start to present date as customers who paid up front and played the waiting game start receiving their bikes , albeit mostly a year and a half later than original planned delivery.

My Sport model was also delivered two weeks ago 22 months after paying in full. They even managed the original Sunburst Yellow colour scheme ordered despite this colour being deleted from standard paint options.

Classic case of an under capitalised start up business surviving by the seat of its pants , but have got to hand it to Garner and Co. , they've stuck with it and produced a great bike. Pity about a winter delivery though !