Norton motorcycles warning

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Steve, What number were you in the queue? I'm paid up and in the queue and have been waiting a long time but not as long as you! Wish I'd seen these complaints before :(

Bev

Hi At the end of february my number in the queue was 30.

By

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lads

I paid in full for a 'Special Edition' in August 2011.

By the end of Feb 2012 I had not received my bike or a delivery date.

Had the run around from the firm.

Thought I would get the 'business class' treatment which was not the case.

Had to employ a solicitor to get my money back. Richard Anderson of Beswicks.

I received first class service from an excellent bloke.

Got all my money back within two months. Cost 700 quid.

Hugely disappointed with Norton.

Looking at Norvills now. Les Emry makes brand new Norton Interstates, Roadsters etc.

Glad it all went pear shaped now. 16000 quid, what was I thinking?

Cheers.

Bev

I was told I was number 32 for weeks on end.

My bike was a Special Edition. We were told that they would be built before the other models and the export market. This was not the case. Not so 'Special' after all. I watched guys all over Europe receiving their bikes whilst I waited in the UK for mine.

Whilst waiting I looked at the job vacancies on their website and noticed the way the list is getting bigger.

I heard that Walker 'the Stalker' had left too.

I also witnessed the turnover of the UK sales rep at Norton. 3 guys in my time. Must be a tough job.

After finding this website I felt my spider senses tingling and I just wanted to get out whilst they still had the ability to pay me back.

Good luck.

Dave

Hi All,

It would seem that we are all in the same boat with Norton Motorcycles. I secured my bike with a deposit in April 2010 and waited and waited and waited until Chris walker phoned and requested full and complete payment in the beginning of October 2010 with a view of receiving the bike by the end of October2010.

October came and went with no calls from "Norton", purchased the paddock stand the beginning of November 2010 and was promised that would come with the bike before Christmas. I had a good festive break but alas no delivery of bike or stand. Numerous phone calls from me later promised bike by the end of January, mid February and then finally i received the bike, early March 2011, minus the paddock stand, they were waiting for delivery.

Five weeks later once the salt and grit had washed away off the roads i started to run the bike in... at 200 miles on the clock having put the bike away going back into the garage the following day the garage floor was swimming with oil from the bike. Problem being the air-box breather pipe serious back pressure in the engine.

After a rather stern phone call they came up that week and assured me it would be repaired and returned, the mechanic tried to say it was gearbox oil, rubbish, it was far too much oil for just gearbox oil it was a culmination of both.

They had the bike for a fortnight and returned it supposedly fixed. Had it not been for a friend of mine following behind whilst i was riding it even though i also felt it twitch whilst riding it on the roundabout we were on i may not have been here in person or severely injured. The bike had decided to spit all its oil out through the air-box breather pipe onto the rear tyre, over half of it, the swinging arm, rear brake, shockers, and my friend who was following not to mention what was left on the ground on the roundabout.

As you can see along with everyone else on this site the bike is not fit for purpose and because of the six weeks in total that i have had this bike in my possession i have requested a full and complete refund according to my consumer rights the fact it is not fit for purpose and the length of time that they have had the bike without affecting a satisfactory repair within a satisfactory period of time.

In total now they have had the bike back in their possession for 12months (1 year). I have been to citizens advice, trading standards, the various motorcycle publications, i have written to Vince Cable (MP), Watchdog, The Ombudsman, Don't Get Done Get Dom, my local MP and now a solicitor.

What i am about to say is a common theme running through these threads, no reply's to my letters, Citizen Advice Bureau Letters, my MP's letters and my Solicitors letters. Phone calls are vague in that you can never get to speak to the person you wish to talk too, any phone calls received are few and far between. When you do call they say can you email in for a response.

In total they have my £16,000 for the bike, my £120.00 for a paddock stand that i was told they do not do, with no suggestion of a refund for that, and the bike that i have refused according to my consumer rights in their possession.

Surely the fact that Stuart Garner has my money, your money and unfortunately any new customers money, with no goods delivered or refunded for a considerable ongoing time frame, is this not a fraudulent action committed by Stuart Garner and Norton Motorcycles.

I stood within a foot of Stuart Garner at the NEC motorcycle show to actually see what this person looks like in the flesh. Believe me there was so much i wanted to say, but refrained whilst my case continues.

This man needs to be brought to book for treating his customers in this fashion. In my case Don't Get Done Get DOM (Dominic Littlewood) were very interested in taking up my case last September for his new series on the TV which has now just come to an end. But because i said i had approached a solicitor they said to get back to them if i felt i wasn't getting any satisfaction because they were very interested in my case.

I have now sent Dominic Littlewood an update of my case with a view to them pursuing my case, what i would suggest is that if you guys were to get in touch individually to highlight your concerns with Norton Motorcycles and you treatment, or if we combine everything to approach Dominic Littlewood in a group then surely the publicity and media attention will highlight Stuart Garner and Norton Motorcycles failings to its customers and our consumer rights.

What do you think guys...?

Garth1

Hi

Dominic Littlewood is independent when it comes to dealing with issues like this and seems to thrive on the injustice of unscrupulous individuals, therefore he has nothing to gain from any favouritism towards any business or individual when representing any individuals or group of consumers.

Having approached various motorcycle publications with the information i have, they either ignore you being reluctant to do anything or have a conversation albeit brief and wish you good luck in trying to resolve the issues you have with Norton Motorcycles. This makes me think, what have these publications got going on with Norton. That's how sceptical a situation like this makes you

With his attention in this matter, im sure that had i been able to proceed with Dominic Littlewood last year when they contacted me, then things may have been considerably different and i may have all my money returned so that i can draw a line under this debacle and unfortunate encounter with Stuart Garner and Norton Motorcycles.

Im sure with enough people contacting Dominic Littlewood it will strengthen every ones case that have had the misfortune of spending hard earned money and savings on an illusive and floored product in my case.

It will be interesting if many more contact Dominic and what response you get when you get in touch.

Garth1

• 2 months later...

Hello, further to my last post and answer some unlucky customers I inform you that I took an attorney in France. We'll assign Norton in civil court and criminal court for fraud. the criminal court could ask for prison sentences against leaders of Norton. The court could also order the closure of the factory until the settlement of all pending cases. this procedure would be even more effective if several of us complaining in the same court. if you want to join me and get your refund, do not hesitate to contact me

Edited by Conniff

You've consulted an attorney in France, are you intending to bring this in front of a French court ?

Hi,

yes, I leave in france and my attorney of law said that it's the best way to get my refund and may be more ...

Hello, further to my last post and answer some unlucky customers I inform you that I took an attorney in France. We'll assign Norton in civil court and criminal court for fraud. the criminal court could ask for prison sentences against leaders of Norton. The court could also order the closure of the factory until the settlement of all pending cases. this procedure would be even more effective if several of us complaining in the same court. if you want to join me and get your refund, do not hesitate to contact me

Hi i would be very interested in discussing this further with you, however i am away to Holland for the Moto GP today and will be back next week, so perhaps we can talk then. Many thanks.

Gartrh1

Hi i would be very interested in discussing this further with you, however i am away to Holland for the Moto GP today and will be back next week, so perhaps we can talk then. Many thanks.

Gartrh1

Hi,

no soucy, we can talk about that when you will be back

have a good trip and ride safe

Hi,

yes, I leave in france and my attorney of law said that it's the best way to get my refund and may be more ...

Unless you are bringing a European action, the French courts don't have the jurisdiction to close the factory or do other things you suggest.

Unless you are bringing a European action, the French courts don't have the jurisdiction to close the factory or do other things you suggest.

I think my attorney knows is job ... so as you say in England, wait and see ...

I don't care how much he knows, he can't close a factory in the UK.

may be. this is also not my target. I just want to get my money back.* I trusted them and I would have been proud to ride an English motorcycle. Today I am very disappointed. my dream was broken

My solicitor issued a Statutory Demand to Norton earlier this year in an effort to obtain a refund for the bike that was not supplied to me.

This was ignored and, at my request, a winding-up petition was prepared.

Just before the winding-up petition was issued I received an email from Norton at the end of May 2012 as follows:

I do not appear to have a telephone no for you, but this is to confirm that we have refunded your money today to the account that is on our system.

I am, of course, very pleased to have received this repayment.

I am, and always will be, extremely ****ed with Norton and Mr Garner in particular.

I wish all other disappointed customers the best of luck in obtaining satisfaction in whatever way that they can.

Edited by Farang961

Just to let you know, this isn't a forgotten thread and there is a lot happening in the background. When there is something positive to report you will all be the first to know.

My solicitor issued a Statutory Demand to Norton earlier this year in an effort to obtain a refund for the bike that was not supplied to me.

This was ignored and, at my request, a winding-up petition was prepared.

Just before the winding-up petition was issued I received an email from Norton at the end of May 2012 as follows:

I do not appear to have a telephone no for you, but this is to confirm that we have refunded your money today to the account that is on our system.

I am, of course, very pleased to have received this repayment.

I am, and always will be, extremely ****ed with Norton and Mr Garner in particular.

I wish all other disappointed customers the best of luck in obtaining satisfaction in whatever way that they can.

This is a good news. I hope to get my refund too

This is a good news. I hope to get my refund too

Thanks Bob and best of luck with your refund.

The most important thing appears to be never to give up.

I really don't understand how Norton can act in this way and still be in business.

I really don't understand how Norton can act in this way and still be in business.

Which is partly where I come in, since I've been wondering about that. I'm a freelance bike journalist and for sometime I've been looking into the Norton saga. Let's just say consumers aren't the only people who have been experiencing difficulties with Norton. The UK motorcycle press has been no help to anyone at all despite being well aware of the elephant in the room, and Norton don't seem keen on talking to me. I would urge anyone on here who has experienced difficulties with Norton and has evidence of that fact to contact me directly for a non attribuatble chat ;) I don't know if you can PM on here, if not [EDIT] will find me.

Edited by ims21
No e-mail addresses - See Site Rules

Which is partly where I come in, since I've been wondering about that. I'm a freelance bike journalist and for sometime I've been looking into the Norton saga. Let's just say consumers aren't the only people who have been experiencing difficulties with Norton. The UK motorcycle press has been no help to anyone at all despite being well aware of the elephant in the room, and Norton don't seem keen on talking to me. I would urge anyone on here who has experienced difficulties with Norton and has evidence of that fact to contact me directly for a non attribuatble chat ;) I don't know if you can PM on here, if not [EDIT] will find me.

I need 30 post before send you a PM. I have experienced difficulties with Norton and I have evidense of that

Please note that it would be unwise to deal with this off forum and I would also ask you to check site rules too. Is there any particular reason why this cannot be dealt with on the open forum so that others can make use of the information?

Bear in mid that you have no idea who you would be dealing with and it may present a risk to your on-line security.

969, if you are a journalist you should contact [email protected] please.

Please note that it would be unwise to deal with this off forum and I would also ask you to check site rules too. Is there any particular reason why this cannot be dealt with on the open forum so that others can make use of the information?

Bear in mid that you have no idea who you would be dealing with and it may present a risk to your on-line security.

969, if you are a journalist you should contact [email protected] please.

thanks for reminding the rules ...

I have in fact sent a PM to Conniff (and did so prior to 21s post), and will be emailing him as requested.

There is every reason for not dealing with certain aspects of this in an open forum. I'm only interested in facts, not hearsay, and it is much easier for someone to discuss their case on a one to one basis so that what they have to say can be evaluated in a way that is simply not possible on a forum without identity being compromised. Secondly, I'm dealing with commercial aspects of the Norton scenario and there is no way I can get into that on here prior to publication.

So once again, I would ask Bob or anyone else to contact me as long as that is OK with admin. I think we're all working towards the same goal here and as long as I'm in touch with at least one of the site team all should be good... naturally I will check with you guys as to facilitating a means of contact that everyone is ok with.