A CCJ registered by Bryan Carter re. Capital One debt - only just found out!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

On looking at his credit file, my husband has a CCJ that he knew nothing about. We have contacted the Northampton county court and they said that it was registered by Bryan Carter solicitors in November 2006 in relation to a capital one debt. I am thinking about writing to Bryan Carter because my husband received no correspondence about this and had no idea that he had a CCJ! There is also a default too which is something to do with capital one and I wondered about querying that and trying to get it removed.

Reading on this forum, it seems that Bryan Carter are slippery, and now I am wondering if I should write to them or just let the CCJ run its course and not get involved with Bryan Carter.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

Carter has a habit of issuing claims at previous addresses and getting judgments

by default, you need to get all the details was and copies of the judgment from

the court I presume this the Northampton Bulk Center as usual?

When you have the documents you can proceed to have the judgment

set aside on the grounds that you knew nothing about it, if you can

give us any more info it will be easier to advise.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you. I have no info on it at the moment, but I know it was Northampton County Court. I have written to B. Carter, asking for copies of all documentation and correspondence relating to this default, and copies of the court papers. Interestingly, I only sent the letter off on Wednesday and already, there has been an alteration to the credit file, showing that the debt has gone from unsatisfied to satisfied!?

I am pretty sure they sent the papers to an old address and will certainly apply to have the default set aside. We have always been on the electorial roll and there is no excuse not to have sent papers to the correct address!

Many thanks for your help.