style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I recieved a "warrant of execution" letter dated the 13th July saying I have until the 25th July to pay Co-Operative bank £175.25 towards a £657.63 debt I owe. It says I have no made payments under the judgement as I was ordered.

I am in a debt with a few companies which I am paying off slowly, I am not aware of owing this amount to co-operative bank at all. I havent recieved anything from them to say I owe any money because letters I have had from lenders, I have rung and sorted payment plans for. I have not (to my knowledge) had any type of court order etc to pay any amount.

There is nothing on the letter that would point me to finding out what this debt is for... I also do NOT have the £175.25 that they want me to pay and they are saying baliffs will come to my house and take goods if I do not pay it.

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Debz

Number 1. Chill. I know its easy for people to say at the other end of the keyboard but the bailiffs WANT you to panic so you do irrational moves.

Is the Warrant from a court appointed bailiff with the Judgement Number on it? I am presuming it is though IT COULD be from a HCEO.

Haver you not received any paperwork in regards to this from the court?

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

What you appear to have is a Warrant of execution which will be acted upon by the County Court Bailiff. This will be as a result of having had a CCJ awarded against you by the Coop. Asthis is the first you know about it I would suggest that all the paperwork has been going to an old address.

Do you or did you have an ccount with the Coop, be it Overdraft, loan, credit card etc.

Have you moved within say the last 5 years or so.

You may have grounds to apply for set Aside as you were given no opportunity to defend/counterclaim/make offer of payment - if indeed the debt is your

Initially you must file Form N245 to have the Warrant suspended - there is a fee to pay but if on a low income or certain Benefits this can be waive use Form EX160 for Fee Remission.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the help. I don't remember having any debt with co-op. As far as I know the only account I had with them was Smile, which was cleared when I claimed by banl charges back. I have been bad with money though so I'll have to double check.

With those forms you mentioned where do I get them from? How do I submit them?

Court Forms are available from HMCS website, either print some blank ones out or you can fill themin online but you can't save them, I would suggest 3 or 4 copies. You must find out some details of the debt first so you know what you are dealing with.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As the alledged debt has been taken to court and a Judgment issued that is OVER £600, then you need to do something quickly as otherwise, the creditor can pay a "transfer up" up to have the Judgment enforced by a High Court Enforcement Officer.

If you had not received the summons, then you need to file an N244 with the court as soon as possible. A simple Google search for N244 will take you to the HM Courts website. You need to ensure when you complete the form that you state that you want to "set aside the Judgement".