Received reply from first letter

MALCOLMGILL
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So what's happened? I received the same response from my LBA (with 10 days to go) and am wondering whether to crack on with making the claim.

I'm a bit worried that the letter said "Our fees and terms are clearly stated in our published price list and the circumstances in which these charges will apply are clearly set out in our terms and conditions which you will have been provided with a copy when you first opened your account".

Obviously I don't have this leaflet from 10 years ago, and there are no mention of these agreed prices on any of my statements/letters.

Another question (sorry) does the above reply from the solictors mean that if HSBc do win and you don't, that your credit rating is affected?

Thanks

Dont worry.

whether they were spelt out or not, they are "unreasonable" because they are way higher than the real cost incurred by the bank. On this basis they are unlawful.

I suggest reading through all the material again with regards to the legal counter arguments to the banks position.

Damo V HSBC - £981.50

Claim filed : 6th June

Claim Ref: 6QZ36353

ex gratia payment strictly confidential and want me to sign it don’t know whether I can agree to this what do you think ?

So did you sign or can't you say because you did sign? If you didn't sign what type of letter did you send back me them?

Neil.

Received letter from DG Solicitors with dodgy signature and no name of who actually sent it. HSBC are entirely confident charges are reasonable blah blah however mindful of management time blah blah small claims regime, commercial reason, blah blah no liability blah prepared to make payment of xxxxx blah blah ex gratia payment strictly confidential and want me to sign it don’t know whether I can agree to this what do you think ?

Yeah any up date on this, did they pay up or are you still going to court? Is it rude to ask how much your claim is for? I am just wondering whether size of claim you make makes difference as to how hard they fight it out, someone was suggesting on another thread that if it is under £1k they pay up more easily or are more likely to make offers (which i am hoping is case!) or maybe his is an urban myth!

So did you sign or can't you say because you did sign? If you didn't sign what type of letter did you send back me them?

Neil.

Neil........ YES..............&..........YES........&.........Sarrahk it was over?? and yea its an urban myth ?????????

stick to time table & everything will work out ok good luck ??

Yeah any up date on this, did they pay up or are you still going to court? Is it rude to ask how much your claim is for? I am just wondering whether size of claim you make makes difference as to how hard they fight it out, someone was suggesting on another thread that if it is under £1k they pay up more easily or are more likely to make offers (which i am hoping is case!) or maybe his is an urban myth!
Not sure if I started that myth :) I did have a thought as I was reading various threads that they were paying under £1000 slightly easier than claims over that figure. But my theory was blown when they offered me about a third of my claim for £830.50 and when I asked for the rest they said no. So, as Malcom says it can now be regarded as an urban myth. Shame though!

Neil.

I don't understand why the bank doesn't just pay back the cash before court action is started - the amount they are paying out in court fees and interest must be mounting up quite a bit now. They could avoid all that extra cost if they just paid out at the LBA stage.

I don't understand why the bank doesn't just pay back the cash before court action is started - the amount they are paying out in court fees and interest must be mounting up quite a bit now. They could avoid all that extra cost if they just paid out at the LBA stage.

here here, i totally agree i tried to spell this out to Halifax in my prelimin letter to them that if they settled in full now "as a gesture of good will" i would not add any interest or legal costs but be assured i would if it proceeded to court!

Forum clean up - your claim threads have been merged. Please try to keep all posts about your claim to a single thread only. Thanks :)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Prelim Letter sent 20.March 2006

Received Standard reply 1st April ………Fools Day

Letter before Action sent 3.April 2006

Standard Reply 6th April 2006

Issued Court Claim 19.April 2006

Acknowledgement Received 2.May 2006

Settled 4.May 2006

Charges refunded 10/05/06

Thanks to everyone for showing me the way....... The Battle was won but the war is not over ?

Hi.

So let me get this as the thread is a bit long now!

You were offered some of the amount, didn't accept, told them you'd take them to court then they gave you the full amount???

I'm at the stage where they've offered me a random figure, not what i was asking. Do you advise i threaten with court now???

Pls reply. I started another thread ages ago but nobody seems interested in helping me!!!

Ta. K.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks