Halifax closing my credit card account as punishment!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After a fairly long battle, Halifax agreed that a transaction which had been applied to my account was not fair and would be removed. After that I managed to get them to remove the charges they had unfairly placed on my account for non payment of the alleged debt.

When agreeing to remove these charges they also agreed that they would make good my bad credit record from this matter, restore my limit to 2500 (it had been dropped to 500 as punishment) and remove the block they had placed on the card.

3 days after being notified of this in a letter I received another letter in which I was told that my card was being closed for 'non usage'.

What is the legal remedy for this clearly punitive treatment and could someone perhaps post some links to appropriate articles or threads?

Many thanks

Thanks for that alfwithhair. I am in the process of writing to them to find out what exactly they're up to. However, because I played 'hardball' and because I know how they think, I'm 99% sure they're getting rid of me because I stood up to them.

However, waiting to confirm that the account was closed would be a mistake. They would argue that it was tacit agreement on my part. At the very least my case would be weakened.

I remember seeing people making a claim against punitive closures in the press and on this site some years ago. I really need some guidance on how to deal with this sort of 'punishment closure'.

Many thanks

Edited by waterbottle

Must be some actual law that backs this up. Personally i think it impedes my right to argue with them on any point if they just close the account when I do so. Human rights act contravention?

Or anything else?

Please?