• Tweets

• they have 6mts else it dies. ................. BUT yet again today you've posted on someone else's thread posts now moved here. please keep to your OWN THREAD!! now to date you've not bothered to reply to our questions so we CAN help you.    
    • Update: tfl is taking me to court I'm trying to get an ooc claim from them but they have not been replying to my emails. 
    • Thousands of Chinese companies are making synthetic opioids and shipping them around the world.View the full article
    • Are these the important pages I need to upload ? 1.  pages 1-4 are court form 10a 2.  2 pages of the CCA agreement  3.  Default notice from NewDay, 22/02/20 4.   Lowell letter stating they own debt ,     Dated 16/11/20 5. Unheaded letter also dated 16/11/20 from NewDay saying they assigned “all of the respective rights etc,”  to Lowell on 23/10/20 I make this 9 relevant pages from what I can see   ( all other pages are statements/default notes and lots of FCA info sheets) just needing your confirmation in advance as I don’t want to send over pages that are not required thank you  UCM      
    • Thanks Dave It's not too far away, about 8 or 9 miles, I will probably venture over on my bike if I can't think of a good reason to drive there again! I'll have a chat with Mrs GB_Joe tomorrow and see which shops they visited, I know M&S was on the list (had to try on multiple sets of trousers!) and they are actually in that bit of retail park. The uniform shop is across the way in the Meridian Centre, so probably not helpful to get them involved.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Ltsb loan ppi - claim being made - help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Ims x

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loan B:

Loan amount 11,000 monthly 250.53 total 12,526.50 total 12,526.50

PPI amouint: 1,984.46 monthly 45.20 toal 2,260.00 total 2,260.00

combined total: 14,786.50

APR 6.4%

Total charge for credit:

loan 1,256.50

ppi 275.54

total 1,802.04

APR 6.26%

Ok, so now can you help me the calculations you used so I can do the next one afterwards and then post what I think I should be using?

start date: 25/09/06

End date 31/10/07

Hi

Assume the first repayment went out one month after the start date. so first repayment is on or about 25/7/06. The amount of the payment is £45.20. So use the spreadsheet and do exactly the same as you did with the first loan and list the payments, each of whch will be £45.20 at monthly intervals.

We haven't asked yet but were any of these loans used refinance a previous loan? If they were there is an added twist because some of the pi loan from the previous loan would have rolled over into the new loan. Therefore in the new loan, each payment is going to be paying the ppi on the new loan and a residual amount of ppi on the previous loan.

Regards

ims

Hi

Assume the first repayment went out one month after the start date. so first repayment is on or about 25/7/06. The amount of the payment is £45.20. So use the spreadsheet and do exactly the same as you did with the first loan and list the payments, each of whch will be £45.20 at monthly intervals.

We haven't asked yet but were any of these loans used refinance a previous loan? If they were there is an added twist because some of the pi loan from the previous loan would have rolled over into the new loan. Therefore in the new loan, each payment is going to be paying the ppi on the new loan and a residual amount of ppi on the previous loan.

Regards

ims

Great, thanks. I only do it to the end date on this one, don't I? And is there anything else I have to do seeing as this one has ended?

Yep, at least one was for consolidation - I'll check which one.

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Should i put the last payment as 25.10.2007 or 31.10.2007?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Great, thanks. I only do it to the end date on this one, don't I? And is there anything else I have to do seeing as this one has ended?

Yep, at least one was for consolidation - I'll check which one.

End date of claim stays as it is i.e today. You'll find that the spreadsheet automatically updates itself each day you open it. The 8% interest is calculated right up to now...after all they have had your money right up till now haven't they.

ims

Should i put the last payment as 25.10.2007 or 31.10.2007?

I'd use 25th...gives you a few more days interest. They will soon let you know if it is different because they should provide their own calculations when they make you an offer.

Regards

ims

Fab, thanks.

so, last one -

loan amount 5,000 month 114.10

ppi amount 1,451.72 month 33.13

start date 01.10.2008

i assume firs tapyment is 01.11.2008 and go from there? monthly payment 33.13

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Am I also right in thinking that the reason why the amopunt of charges islower tha on the agreement is because the loan isn't finished?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Fab, thanks.

so, last one -

loan amount 5,000 month 114.10

ppi amount 1,451.72 month 33.13

start date 01.10.2008

i assume firs tapyment is 01.11.2008 and go from there? monthly payment 33.13

Yep...sounds good to me

ims

Am I also right in thinking that the reason why the amopunt of charges islower tha on the agreement is because the loan isn't finished?

Yes, that would be the reason

ims

Fabulous, thank you.

I'm all ready to go with these 3 now. Just the questionnaire to fill in. I can't find the letter asking for the PPi to end...shall I just write on myself?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Yes...I don't think there's a template. Just do a letter instructing them to cancel the ppi forthwith ad to confirm to you in writing that this instruction has been carried out.

Bear in mind that the sheets you are putting in are technically the best estimate given the information you have to hand but the bank will carry out their own calculations as regards account closures and settlements etc so don't worry about it for the time being.

Regards

ims

Yes...I don't think there's a template. Just do a letter instructing them to cancel the ppi forthwith ad to confirm to you in writing that this instruction has been carried out.

Bear in mind that the sheets you are putting in are technically the best estimate given the information you have to hand but the bank will carry out their own calculations as regards account closures and settlements etc so don't worry about it for the time being.

Regards

ims

Perfect, thanks Ims....I'll get all the paperwork sorted and let you know when it's done.

What will happen now - I send this off, they get back to me telling what they'll pay me and if I'mnot happy I go to FOS or court?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Perfect, thanks Ims....I'll get all the paperwork sorted and let you know when it's done.

What will happen now - I send this off, they get back to me telling what they'll pay me and if I'mnot happy I go to FOS or court?

Yes, you submit your claim and they will have 16 weeks to investigate it. They decide whether to pay or deny. If they pay, great....you check the figs and of happy accept.

If the offer is incorrect you can go to fos or court. As a side note, if you got fos and they find in favour of the bank you can still go to court. If you go to court first and lose, fos won't take the case.

Regards

ims

Great, well you've been an immense help Ims, thank you.

I will of course keep you updated all the way. Give me a couple of dsays (work is manic) and I will have all the paperwork sorted. I'll let you know when it's ready to be sent.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Great, well you've been an immense help Ims, thank you.

I will of course keep you updated all the way. Give me a couple of dsays (work is manic) and I will have all the paperwork sorted. I'll let you know when it's ready to be sent.

Hiya

Will the same thing happen with loans as it doesn with Credit Cards? A reduced payout and then court for interest in restitution?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

With loans the 8% is generally regarded as the restitution part of it I believe.

Regards

ims

Thanks again Ims....does that mean that I am likely to get a lowerp payout, like with CC's, or do loans generally get the claimed payout if 8% is used?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hi

From the offers I've seen around the forums lateley, the banks pay out the 8% interest as standard so any offer you get should be the monthly ppi payment (which includes the loan interest rate) plus the 8% extra. This is in line with fos/FSA guidelines.

Regards

ims

Perfect, thank Ims.

Ok...I am ready with my questionnaire now.

I have put the following points in Section E (they are all true):

-The insurance was sold to me in branch, via a face to facemeeting, where it was advised I should take the insurance.

-I was only given the relevant paperwork during the sale andmeeting process, I can't remember specifics but I know I have a copy of theoriginal agreement.

-I felt like taking the insurancewas part of the application process and if I didn't take it I wouldn't getaccepted. It was presented as a singlepremium so I assumed it was a feature of the loan.

-Implied or insisted you takeout their policy to qualify for the product or help with your application

-As Iwas in a face to face meeting, I felt like I had to take the insurance, that itwas part of the loan. I wasn't aware itwas optional and was not told about cooling off periods. I was not asked about any company benefits,for example, sick pay or redundancy payment struture.

Are these the right things to put and should I put anything else?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

And this for why I am now unhappy with it:

I have never really been happy with it, but didn't realiseit was separate to the loan. I didn'trealise I could cancel it and keep the loan. I thought it was a feature of the loan and therefore it needed to stay onwhile the loan was active

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Perfect, thank Ims.

Ok...I am ready with my questionnaire now.

I have put the following points in Section E (they are all true):

-The insurance was sold to me in branch, via a face to facemeeting, where it was advised I should take the insurance.OK

-I was only given the relevant paperwork during the sale andmeeting process, I can't remember specifics but I know I have a copy of theoriginal agreement.OK

-I felt like taking the insurancewas part of the application process and if I didn't take it I wouldn't getaccepted. It was presented as a singlepremium so I assumed it was a feature of the loan. Sounds to me like taking the ppi was a condition of getting the loan

-Implied or insisted you takeout their policy to qualify for the product or help with your application - Sounds to me that they didn't imply...they insisted

-As Iwas in a face to face meeting, I felt like I had to take the insurance, that itwas part of the loan. I wasn't aware itwas optional and was not told about cooling off periods. I was not asked about any company benefits,for example, sick pay or redundancy payment struture.OK

Are these the right things to put and should I put anything else?

And did they carry out a needs analysis and suitability test to establish whether you were self employed/student etc?

Were you asked about pre existing medical conditions?

Make sure your reasons are definite rather than "woolly"

Regards

ims

And did they carry out a needs analysis and suitability test to establish whether you were self employed/student etc?

Were you asked about pre existing medical conditions?

Make sure your reasons are definite rather than "woolly"

Regards

ims

I can't remember, they knew what I did as job becasue of the loan application. They didn't ask me about any emplloyer benfits though. I am not sure about pre-existing conditions either,

My charges claims:

Default removals:

And this for why I am now unhappy with it:

I have never really been happy with it, but didn't realiseit was separate to the loan. I didn'trealise I could cancel it and keep the loan. I thought it was a feature of the loan and therefore it needed to stay onwhile the loan was active

And of course you have only just found out that the ppi was optional and you didn't have to have it and yet you were told it would improve your chances of acceptance if you had it and you're unhappy that the facts were not fully disclosed to you at the time.

I infer from your posts that there ws also no discussion about other products being available from other sources at possible better rates?

You need to really go to town with this with as many forceful arguments as apply to you.

Its your claim....no one can tell you exactly what to put but we can point you in the right direction.

ims

Thanks Ims.

What if they've got some paperwork signed by me, saying that I wanted it and understood the terms and conditions?

My charges claims:

Default removals: