Fredricksons, possibly related to a building society

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife has recently started receiving communication from Lowell indicating that a building society had sold a debt to them. She had an account many years ago but as far as she was aware it was closed etc.

There were no facilities or anything (ie no overdraft, not even a debit card - just a cash machine card) on the account so it's hard to see how it could have built up any debt other than perhaps charges...? She isn't certain what it is at all and doesn't acknowledge the debt (which is a few hundred pounds - I won't quote the exact amount to avoid being identified. As she's never received any kind of breakdown of this money as to what it might be).

According to her credit file, the debt was registered as defaulted in 2008 (she estimates the account was closed in 2006) and Lowell's have recently re-registered it with the same default date.

To date, we have completely ignored these letters - we're not sure what's triggered the sudden correspondence and we weren't even sure they were genuine or not or a [problem] until we saw her credit file has been updated.

Following three letters from Lowells, she now has a letter from Fredrickson (I assume this is actually all part of the same company\owners in typical debt collector MO) and some Googling led me here. She has also received a phone call (which she didn't answer and they didn't leave a voicemail for) on "her" mobile (more on this below) and has received a text *daily* for the past week with no real details other than "call us urgently quoting this reference number".

All correspondence has been in her maiden name, if that's relevant.

The weird thing is, it's not clear where they got the mobile number from. Although she uses it, it's entirely registered in my name and only appears on my credit file. For all purposes, it's really *my* phone number.

What are the suggested next steps from here?

pers i'd continue what you are doing

let them play their cards first.

poss got the number from another of her entries on the cra?

typicallly people give mobiles to insurance and catalogue co's in forms without realising it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...