Parking ticket but paid for parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Apologies as I'm writing this on my phone and I'm on my holiday so not really had chance to read other threads.

We are in weymouth and have paid for a parking ticket. As we got out the car the wind has blown it onto the floor. When we got back there was a fixed penalty notice from weymouth council. We have kept the ticket we have bought and the office is across the road only open on Monday please note that we have not over stayed the ticket or anything just bad luck that it blew off the dashboard! What do we do and do we stand a chance of it being cancelled if we go in on Monday?

Many thanks in advance and sorry again as I'm on my phone.

Maevvy.

I doubt you will get any joy from the 'office' as the decission may not be in their remit. You could try appealing (using the methods indicated on the PCN) using the circumstances that you desribe and enclose a copy of the the P & D ticket. To be honest we hear a lot of similar cases and the outcomes car vary. If they stick to their T & C's, then there's not a lot you can do about it. Personally, it has never happend to me as I always check that the ticket remains in place before walking away from the car.

I doubt you will get any joy from the 'office' as the decission may not be in their remit. You could try appealing (using the methods indicated on the PCN) using the circumstances that you desribe and enclose a copy of the the P & D ticket. To be honest we hear a lot of similar cases and the outcomes car vary. If they stick to their T & C's, then there's not a lot you can do about it. Personally, it has never happend to me as I always check that the ticket remains in place before walking away from the car.

Thanks for this. I have found their online appeals process and wrote a letter to them providing pics from my phone. Best I can do in the situation as I'm on my hols. I have offered to bring in a scan to their office. Best I can do!

Annoying though as we always pay and display just bad luck...:(.

• 2 weeks later...