£15000 Loan turns into £250,000 **Truely Shocking**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4644 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just horrendous. I had a sick feeling in my stomach reading this article. If there is any justice he will be refunded the £250,000 AND given considerable compensation. It makes me very sad to think that the likelihood of this happening is another matter entirely unrelated to justice.

I am a journalist and have recently contacted producers at the Channel 4 Dispatches programme about running an investigation and subsequent programme on this disgusting state of affairs - debt collection agencies, firms of solicitors acting/masquerading as debt collection agencies, intimidation and all the manner of illegal practices these two-bit organisations embark on. I will also be sending this link to my MP. In my own situation, I can report with glee the seriousness with which the Solicitors Regulation Authority have taken my complaint against the two-bit DCA who is chasing me. I will be pursuing the Channel 4 option, and my MP on this and have made it my mission, along with so many others I know, to bring down these **** bags. If it takes my whole life I will achieve this. My heart goes out to this person's family and friends, and to every other person in this situation. I have had success getting Channel 4 coverage on other issues before, so I am confident on this one. If it achieves nothing else, exposure of these criminals is a must, and it will eventually lead to a change in legislation.

I seem to recall Channel 4 Dispatches showing a program about DCA's a couple of years ago so its about time another similar type program was shown as this topic is given nowhere near enough attention throughout the mainstream media in my view.

Something should be done about the RBS before something like this (or worse) happens again. If anyone is willing to take on the RBS and needs documented evidence of mismanagement, lies threats, errors, false accounting etc. etc. I have plenty of documents + recorded telephone conversations that an be used to support these claims. The RBS now want us to sign a "Drop hands agreement", but I would rather not sign if something good could come from our 6years of hell in the hands of RBS, as maybe together we can stop something like this happening to other people?

Very Brief outline of our RBS Problems.

My husband and I been in a battle with the RBS since 2005 when we raised a concern about bank errors on our account expecting the problem to be easily rectified but instead they started to lie, ignore and then threaten us. It's so unbelievable the dirty tricks the RBS use that other people think you're exaggerating. They added £thousands in solicitors fees, court fees, search fees etc. to our account which I'm pretty sure they can't do. They took us to court twice trying to get a summary judgement but failed and it went in our favour. They stopped the 3rd Court Trail shortly before the date against our wishes as we had so much evidence to back up our claims we were prepared to go to court (as we'd been making payments to stop us getting a bad credit rating we believed they'd have to get our permission first, but they didn't) The bank had also suddenly stopped the payments we were paying via their solicitor going into the correct account and then claimed we had not been paying. The CAB, Solicitors, Trading Standards etc, etc. either couldn't or wouldn't help and the Ombudsman just made matters far worse. We had to fight the RBS ourselves which I do not recommend as it consumes your whole life, but is there anyone out their that is willing to take on the RBS and stop this evil madness? If nothing is done to stop the bank acting in this way very soon, I'm sure we will soon be seeing more tragedies far worse than poor Byron's in the news pretty soon.

This is EXACTLY what faceless people do ... and make a lot of money out of it. Funny I bet overnight he fell from 'dream' customer to 'victim'.

Shame on them all BUT will they feel disgraced - Answer is NO they could not care a s**t?

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

Words fail me as this is absolutely discusting.

As individuals there does not appear much we can do apart from take legal action against these parasites. As a group we should achieve far more. So the question must arise what can we do as a group ?

I have had a problem with CITI which the account is now OPUS owned by BOS and now OPUS are moving the agreement to "between myself and Progressive Credit Limited) It would appear that every time you submit a formal complaint they move you on. Why? They either fail to reply to your correspondence altogether or take months in replying totally dismissing ur complaint and closing the "file".

I am however, not giving up and sooner or later judgement day will come.

ps does anybody have a copy of CITI terms and conditions pre December 2008?

Regards to all

Is it any wonder that the banking system collapsed & the economy is in chaos when we read stories like this?

We need to stand up to the banking terrorists in this country!

I'm only £35K in debt with no chance of ever paying it back and feel like topping myself on a regular basis ..... But this poor guy must have been ripped apart inside.

It's disgusting what these scumbags do to people

this stuff is all absorbing - the institutions do a policy of attrition.

in order not to comply - in the desperate condition this man was in???

you need a law degree an MBA and accountancy qualifications even to

do whats recommended on this site

lets face it cab fos none of them really want to help consumers