Bristol Street Citroen Derby tell lies, and are totally disorganised!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Be warned, Bristol Street Motors Derby are a total shambles, and have let us down badly with our replacement Motability vehicle.

I suppose we should have smelled a rat when we booked a test drive a few months ago. Initially no record was made of the booking, so we were left waiting in vain for the car arriving. When we asked about where the car was we were told that no booking had been made (although we had received a confirmation), and that nobody could come out that day.

It took another week to organise a new test drive, only for the salesman to turn up saying he was short of time - the result was that our "test-drive" lasted less than ten minutes, and we never even got to drive the car.

Anyway, we did decide that the car would be suitable, and duly placed the order. We agreed on the colour (which was subsequently not available). We agreed that if the deposit was reduced on the new price list that we would pay the lower price (we were later told that this was not possible - it was only when I noted that I had a recording of the telephone conversation that they reduced the deposit).

Numerous other things were discussed, including that I would collect the car on Monday 18th, and that my wife would not be present when the car was to be collected. Despite this again being recorded it seems that the staff member was not supposed to have said this, and now they are refusing to release the car for three weeks.

If you are buying a car from Bristol Street Motors Derby, I would strongly advise that you get EVERYTHING in writing, and if you can, ensure that you record all telephone conversations. I have mp3 evidence that their staff tell lies, and then they make excuses when they are caught out - and they NEVER say sorry for messing you about. I have to say that I have never come across a more disorganised company since we started our involvement with Motability.

Well, the lies continue. It seems that Ted (see below) has now gone on holiday - strange when he was supposed to be handing a car over to me today!

Just had a chap on the phone from Bristol Street Derby, who basically said nothing. He can't speak to Phil Bexon (again, see below), and he can't now speak to Ted - very convenient indeed. Other than to acknowledge that I have complained, I cannot really see why he bothered to call.

Complaint now made to Motability - lets see if they are going to condone their trained and accredited dealers telling lies to customers?

This is the letter I sent to Bristol Street Head Office on Friday:

Dear Sir

Re: Problems with Motability order placed at Bristol Street Motors Derby.

I note from your website that your Mission Statement is: "To deliver an outstanding customer motoring experience through honesty and trust"

Can you therefore please advise why I was told by Phil Bexon (Bristol Street Motors Derby) that I would be able to sign for my wife's new Motability vehicle, when this is clearly a lie?

She had a foot operation today, which Mr Bexon was fully aware of – and indeed if he had said something, she could have gone to the dealership yesterday to sign the paperwork.

Can you also explain why we were told by Mr Bexon that if the price of our new car was reduced by Motability on the new (July) price list that we would be able to pay the reduced price. On enquiring about this later, Ted (surname unknown) said that it was not allowed, and we would have to pay the original price - but then magically (after I explained that I had a recording of what Mr Bexon had said) was able to resolve it with Motability and we were told we could pay the reduced price.

Can you also explain why Ted agreed that I could collect the car on Monday 18th July at 11am, but then did nothing about it - and in fact it seems that he had not got the necessary authorisations to actually carry out the handover - another lie?

According to Mr Bexon, if need be, my wife could sign the paperwork at home - yet another lie.

Why, with all these "issues" was it left until this morning (Friday - the last working day before the agreed handover date – and a day too late for my wife to get in to sign the paperwork) for another member of staff (John Smith) to ring us to "arrange the handover"?

What did Ted actually do with the paperwork between 1st July and this morning?

We were even lied to about the original "test drive". Mr Bexon was supposed to let us have a test drive. Instead he turned up (late), showed us the car, said he was short of time, and just drove us for less than ten minutes around the block.

We have been told lie after lie throughout the process of placing this order. The result of which is that we may have to wait several weeks to complete the handover of this vehicle when I had made arrangements and moved an important appointment in order to pick the new car up at 11am on Monday.

Your mission statement is a complete joke, and your staff prefer to make excuses and lie, rather than apologise and try to find a solution.

I even get different stories about Mr Bexon's sickness - although I must say that your staff have a strange concept of data protection legislation. I wonder if he will be happy that your staff use his sickness as an excuse for their (and his) failings.

A copy of this letter will be added to my thread on the Consumer Action Group at 11am on Monday 18th July - which is the time that was arranged by Ted for handover.

Incidentally, all telephone calls I make from home are recorded, and I have agreed that I will pass transcripts and an mp3 to Motability as part of my complaint.

Yours faithfully

Stupid question maybe, But why not get your car from somewhere else? They can't be the only motability dealers around you.

PS. Be VERY careful when recording telephone calls. To comply with the law you must tell the other party they are being recorded beforehand. If that isn't included in your recording that call is inadmissable in law and may actually be illegal.

The problem is that it takes about two months for a new car to arrive at the showroom from the manufacturer.

In relation to recording telephone calls it is perfectly legal for an individual to record their own calls for their own personal use - and personal use would include verifying facts in a legal case or consumer dispute. Personal use is also likely to include posting exerts on your own Internet blog, or on a forum.

On the other hand, a company or organisation MUST advise an individual, and must also adhere to data protection legislation regarding the use they make of such a recording.

CAG advises that where possible users record telephone conversations to ensure that facts cannot later be distorted.

Sorry Alan, After speaking to a friend that sells telecommunications equiptment he informs me that business or private individual. You legally have to tell all parties on the line they are being recorded. Apparently when you sign up for a phone line you are effectively receiving a telecommunications license. If you fail to inform of your recording you are contravening that license.

Had a call from Motability yesterday, and they are not happy at all with the treatment that we have had. I gather that discussions are taking place with senior management at Bristol Street over their procedures. As yet, I have not had any further contact from Bristol Street, but I have told Motability that I expect a full explanation of why their Motability accredited staff are misrepresenting Motability policy, and why I was persistently lied to by at least two members of their staff. I also require assurances that this will not happen again at the company. I also wish to discuss the time, and inconvenience that this has caused.

So, some progress, but let's see what Bristol Street Motors do next.

Interesting article:

insert link here

This is pretty much the opinion that we have obtained.

Ah the good old Times. Same stable as NOTW. We must all believe everything they say especially in the light of recent events. :roll:

How my friend correctly explained it is that the telecommunications act states it requires both parties to be aware. But even if what you were saying was true. It still means it inadmissable in any evidence other than to the other party you have spoken to. Not to any of his colleagues or the courts.

Okay...let's try ofcom then:

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/archive/oftel/consumer/advice/faqs/prvfaq3.htm

I record all calls for my own purposes - just as CAG advise all users to do when the are able.

One of those purposes is to settle any dispute over what someone may have agreed verbally. Quite correctly, I will inform the caller concerned IF a dispute occurs at a later date that I have a recording of the call. Generally that settles the issue and there is no need for further disclosure. As far as using such evidence in court, yes, it is correct that the other party may not agree to it being used. Of course, a judge will make his own mind up of what that says about their case.

Having said that, on every occasion where I have raised the fact that a call has been recorded, the other party has accepted liability for what was said and settled the dispute. I would add that, in this particular case, I have not had to disclose the recorded calls to anyone. If Motability asks for them, I will advise that they need to seek permission from Bristol Street Motors for me to release them. Tell me, what are Motability going to think if Bristol Street refused permission?

Whoa, that's a grand idea.

Whether we did or did not record a call, just tell the other party you did. If they can't be sure of what they said they will cave in immediately.

Nice one AfD.

Hammy

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

The problem with that link Alan is that there are several pieces of legislation regarding the same action. While the RIPA regulations may allow it. Other acts may contradict that. Such as human rights & data protection. Also when making a general sales enquiry were you within the scope of the investigatory legislation. outlined in RIPA. You are after all not at that point making a private investigation. This is essentially what the RIPA legislation is for.

Personally if I found you had recorded me without informing me first I'd consider it breach of my human rights and I'm fairly confident you would be found to have acted illegally.

Also I'd imagine most of us would feel violated to find that they had been recorded without permission. Making it a rather distasteful action. Why not if you are going to record someone tell them up front?

Since each day we are filmed and watched by cameras everywhere, and we are monitored and recorded on the phone for many legal reasons, being violated and spied upon is part of modern day life.

You are entitled to your opinion, but as far as I and Ofcom are concerned, the recording of calls under these circumstances is perfectly legal. If you have the resources and legal knowledge to try and create some caselaw to the contrary, then please feel free to give me a call - although of course you will already know that your call is being recorded, and in any case I am ex-directory.