style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi just need a little advice on what to do,A company named Cabot have managed to get a ccj against me,whilst I have been living abroad,the first I heard about it was when they where trying to get a charging order on the property I own in UK which I haven't lived in for a year,I have never even heard of Cabot before, I managed to get the hearing adjourned but I now need to get the ccj set aside,and not too sure what to do,should I contact the solicitor acting for Cabot,or just apply to the court to have it set aside,and on what grounds? Is it enough that I wasn't living in uk when they issued the proceedings.

About 3 years ago I did have a few credit cards that I just couldn't afford to continue on paying as I lost my job,so I sent them all CCA letters,I cant even remember now who they where with,but have never had an account with Cabot. I wont be back in the uk until April 2013

Thanks for any help.

You apply to the court.

It will cost you £75 to have the judgement set aside. You can download the form N244 on the court service website below.

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/HMCTS/GetForms.do;jsessionid=6A44138CB71DA949F06E81216926DB40

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thanks Cerberusalert ,

I have found the N244 form and looked over it but I will need some help on completing it,I'm not sure what boxes to tick or how to answer some of the questions, from 3 to 10 and when it says witness statement Is it sufficent to say that I am now living abroad and was not in the uk when they issued proceedings,and that I have never even heard of or had any type of account/transactions with a company named Cabot,do I need to prove that I am living abroad,if so how is the best way to do that.

Thanks for any help.

I've moved your thread into the Legal forum where the legal wallahs will advise. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT