ACS:Law settles out of court with defendants represented by Ralli

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A number of defendants caught up in ACS Law's speculative invoicing scheme have agreed a settlement with the company.Law firm Ralli said today that the people it was representing settled their claims on "a basis confidential between the parties" but it is still currently advising hundreds of consumers who received letters that accusing them of copyright infringementRead more: http://www.computeractive.co.uk/ca/news/2094161/crossley-settles-alleged-illegal-file-sharers-defended-ralli#ixzz1SA0JT6

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/368653/acs-law-file-sharing-case-settled-confidentiallyACS Law file-sharing case settled "confidentially"A long-running file-sharing case involving ACS Law has been settled confidentially out of courtRead more: ACS Law file-sharing case settled "confidentially" | News | PC Pro http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/368653/acs-law-file-sharing-case-settled-confidentially#ixzz1SA1AcTIm

Secrets again, due to the size of the [problem] I believe the

public should be told every detail:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

With this guy I suspect hidden assets, pos in another's name.:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

With this guy I suspect hidden assets, pos in another's name.:madgrin:

No, I think that ACS Law had some form of Insurance cover. This was brought up when ACS Law/Media Cat went to court, as lawyers representing ACS Law turned up. This is mentioned many posts ago on this thread and on Slyck.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Has he still got the big house and flash cars uncle, the plebs

get charging order, orders for sale an such for owning

pennies compared to him.:madgrin:

considering he was supposed to be bankrupt how is he paying

It says.."He had told PC Pro that ACS Law's insurance would cover the costs.", I think solicitors are required to have such insurance just in case things like this happen, although normally the acting solicitor wouldnt be liable as nornmally he would only be acting for his client, although in this case, the client was ACS.It is worth noting that as ACS got itself in more and more of a mess, the insurance (mentioned above) that ACS had to pay, got more and more expensive (not surprisngly !), that it ultimately became un affordable, this was about the time that ACS Law fell apart.Lets hope this fiasco is a warning to other companies thinking of following a similar course.Andy

Has he still got the big house and flash cars uncle, the plebs

get charging order, orders for sale an such for owning

pennies compared to him.:madgrin:

But he is a lawyer, who would probably have good accountancy help as well, so may have legally made sure all financial arrangements were robust.

Plus we don't know what is currently happening. It could well be that with all that has gone on, matters are not as rosy as the pictures of large house etc might allude to.

I think the main thing to come out of this sorry saga, is that nobody in their right minds would try to run with this again. I should imagine it has been very damaging to those that have tried to invoice those suspected of copyright infringements. At some point new legislation will be passed and solicitors will then make money out of taking such actions.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

There will always be some idiot who will think

it's a good idea and try again with a few changes, just

like the Fax Directory rip off of a few years ago, there

is another lot at it again now.

I’m helping someone who’s involved in the case for the upcoming solicitors disciplinary tribunal. Crossley may have got away with avoiding financial penalties but he’s brought the whole legal profession into disrepute and hopefully the tribunal will put an end to his career as a solicitor. Trial date is expected to be sometime around May next year. Just preparing witness statement at the mo.

Well, it would appear that Mr Crossley has not learned his lesson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14215510

ACS:Law, the controversial law firm that tried to get money from people by accusing them of illegal file-sharing, appears to be back in business.

Ralli Solicitors, which represented some of those accused by ACS:Law during a UK court case, has told the BBC it is now advising a client based in Greece.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, it would appear that Mr Crossley has not learned his lesson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14215510

ACS:Law, the controversial law firm that tried to get money from people by accusing them of illegal file-sharing, appears to be back in business.

Ralli Solicitors, which represented some of those accused by ACS:Law during a UK court case, has told the BBC it is now advising a client based in Greece.

Very odd..it appears that ACS has been wound up and unable to operate, this recent saga is very fishy indeed, perhaps someone has hijacked ther name, someone should give out their address, I assume it is still Hanover Square although perhaps the building is operating as just a PO Box, now surely Crossley isnt stupid enough to set up again, and as a bankrupt with SRA proceedings hanging over him surely it isnt actually legally possible ?Andy

• 3 weeks later...
Crossley’s case scheduled to be heard before the solicitors disciplinary tribunal is listed to take place from 16th – 20th Jan 2012.

Why the huge delay ?. I note that Davonport Lyons one has only just been heard and they were presented with a legal bill of £150,000....its hard to see how much work was actually done by the SRA..still cant complain..good to see justice has been done :)Andy

Why the huge delay ?. I note that Davonport Lyons one has only just been heard and they were presented with a legal bill of £150,000....its hard to see how much work was actually done by the SRA..still cant complain..good to see justice has been done :)Andy

They probably penciled in that date because of his ongoing court case which was expected to last longer than it actually did.