Private Parking Ticket Lamorna Cove Cornwall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently visited Lamorna cove in Cornwall and got an £80 parking ticket for parking slightly out of bay? this could not have been helped as it was the last space I could see and the person next to me was parked out of bay slightly.

The parking attendant just saw it as a black and white offence and said I could appeal? I had paid the parking ticket and was only going to be there for an hour anyway, he still didnt budge.

I was going to pay the fine as I didnt want it messing up my holiday as it was the usual £40 if I pay within 14 days, until I found this forum :madgrin:

I am taking the advice and am going to ignore all correspondence

from them, well I will read it but not respond.

Just a warning to others if you go there make sure you park in the bays and make sure you have the right change for the machine as they will pounce if you dont.

Thanks again to others who have made stickies and posted about the best way to deal with this, you have for sure saved me 40 pounds.

I understand the needs of land owners to regulate parking on their property but this was harsh as I had paid the ticket and nobody could have parked in the space in between me and the other car anyway even If I had parked tightly in the bay.

I recently visited Lamorna cove in Cornwall and got an £80 parking ticket for parking slightly out of bay? this could not have been helped as it was the last space I could see and the person next to me was parked out of bay slightly.

The parking attendant just saw it as a black and white offence and said I could appeal? I had paid the parking ticket and was only going to be there for an hour anyway, he still didnt budge.

I was going to pay the fine as I didnt want it messing up my holiday as it was the usual £40 if I pay within 14 days, until I found this forum :madgrin:

I am taking the advice and am going to ignore all correspondence

from them, well I will read it but not respond.

Just a warning to others if you go there make sure you park in the bays and make sure you have the right change for the machine as they will pounce if you dont.

Thanks again to others who have made stickies and posted about the best way to deal with this, you have for sure saved me 40 pounds.

I understand the needs of land owners to regulate parking on their property but this was harsh as I had paid the ticket and nobody could have parked in the space in between me and the other car anyway even If I had parked tightly in the bay.

Please keep us posted as to how your "speculative invoice" pans out! ;) Expect a few threat-o-grams...

Thanks for posting.

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

Yes thanks lefty will do, they wont scare me, I sadly was the victim of ID theft last year and had all sorts to deal with as you can imagine so this will be quite amusing by comparison, I should start another thread as to how my ID was stolen as that was so easily done, quire literally as simple as someone posting my birthday in the local paper with my date of birth :-(

I know this Lamorna cove is pretty infamous for this now but didnt at the time and was sad to see on the day tickets plastered to visitors from other countries who had done no wrong either? no more than me anyway.

I will keep you all abreast of the situation here, I am expecting similar letters that others have had on here but I will stick to my guns and do nothing no matter what they send me, if they send me anything I am not happy about i.e fake court summons etc then I will go to the CAB and report the company.

Maybe you could have a word with the Tourist Information in the area and let them know what damage this company is having on Tourism. I have seen it plasterd all over the internet to avoid this car park. This kind of thing Cournwall could do without.

hello all:-)

[iI know this Lamorna cove is pretty infamous for this now but didnt at the time and was sad to see on the day tickets plastered to visitors from other countries who had done no wrong either? no more than me anyway.][/i]

I would have put my mobile number on all the other cars with tickets and said dont pay, ring me!

GO there again if you wish and collect some more tickets, costs them more then!:lol:

Yes I have posted what I found on various travel websites including google places which is one that shows up in Google maps, Google Places pretty much let you air your opinion without moderation (maybe until the owner complains), in this instance the owner also runs the PPC, I cant post links at the moment as I havent made enough posts but I found the clip on the watchdog website with the cove in it and then another interview on a Cornish Travel website where they quiz the owner over it and he makes out they are strict with parking rules because they need funds to repair the Quay wall?

I do think it would be a better policy if this is their main concern to maybe encourage visitors to make a donation explaining the situation rather than this approach, The Company is called Searchlight Security, they are already in breach of the BPA guidelines on many fronts including not using a real address on the tickets (they use a PO box number) the attendant was also in a normal car not one with signs on it, again against the conditions laid down by the BPA, there wasnt adequate sinage around the car park indicating their appointment, the lines defining the parking bays were hardly visible and worn and nowhere did they mention you had to park in the bay anyway.

I can understand the land owners getting shirty with folks parking on their property and not paying but I think this is poor that they are clobbering folks who have paid, the more of us that use these forums and Google Places the more we can all inform and warn others but mainly inform them that if you get a ticket from a PPC and consider it to be unfair then just dont pay it and ignore the invoices as others have done on here.

The tourist board a well aware of the antic of Lamorna Cove & Cafe. They even warn about it on the wed site, or did do.

The owner of the Lamorna Cove & Cafe is the owner of the parking company Searchlight Securities, Roy Stevenson.

There is also an association with some dodgy DCA Debt Recovery Plus Ltd. Who claim they are Bailiffs.

The local press and television have brought this companies practices to light down here in the SW, but it has made no difference. It is just a money spinner for the gulable

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks Everyone! I too received one of these PCN at Lizard Point, got held up in the cafe and went over the time. Some scruffy Git with a Cast on his leg had slapped a ticket on my car. He had been lurking around in completely inconspicuous Rover saloon car which they had some miniscule magnetic signage stuck on. I was really fed up as I must have spent approx £50 already on parking whilst on my hols. Anyway, After reading all of these posts... stuff em!! I'm going to sit back and let the threats come rolling in.

Fingers crossed :D

Hi

Yes searchlight security that operate at Lamorna also operate at the lizard and I have heard of the same hard tactics there too, well it has been just over a month since I got my ticket and I have not heard from them, I want to ! ha ha I want to know that it has cost them more than the parking ticket that I paid for the 1 hour that I didnt stay there :x to get my details from the DVLA as this costs them £2.50.

I wont ever pay a single penny to a private parking company if I consider that I have not done anything wrong, Dont reply to them if they send you a ticket from the Lizard, just do as I have done and make an honest review of the place on Google Places, this will come up on the first page when someone googles the place.

I too spent a small fortune on parking in my week in Cornwall, I am so tempted next time never to pay to park in a private park because of this and just ignore every ticket that I get! ha ha.

Im just kidding, I have no problem paying to park I just wont be bullied in to paying a 40 quid fine because my tyre was over the white line, they can take me to court...as if ha ha good luck on claiming your £1.50 worth of damages

Dont pay them no matter what letters they send you, Ignore Ignore Laugh and Ignore.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

with regards to searchlight security and parking, my husband and friends got a parking ticket at lamorna cove last week. we were dubious as the tickets looked dodgy and after some research we discovered this forum and others stating that they were in fact not a ligetimate company. we decided to double check with the police. my husband went to camborne police station and asked them to check it out for us. the police officer we spoke to popped onto his computer and told us they are in fact a legitimate company, they are registered with the bpa and have every right to take your car, possessions etc up to 10 years after the date of the parking ticket. when my other half asked if he should pay or not the police officer would not advise on peronal circumstances... suffice to say we are going to pay the ticket although i have to say with this being a legitimate business then surely a marked van, uniform, valid identification, proper signs, and less dodgy looking attendants would prove proper business sense.

Sorry but how does registering at companies house, and becoming a member of the BPA make you legitimate?

They may be a legitimate business, trading legitimately but they have no right to charge you anything other then anything they have lost! Plus a reasonable admin fee if they have to contact you!

Decades and centuries of contract law, overturned by a desk copper. Oh well, if you don't want to believe what this site and watchdog have to say about your legal obligations under civil law then feel free to give your money away unnecessarily.

We visited Lamorna Cove near Penzance and a car park operated by Searchlight Security and Parking Solutions. It's local reputation is such that that even a Cornwall tourism website warns visitors of 'over zealous enforcement' of parking rules. But the company is less zealous about the rules it's supposed to abide by.

Its signs give no geographical address, as they're supposed to, only a PO Box number and on its website, a word the code specifically outlaws - 'fine'. A clear misrepresentation of authority.

Yet according to the British Parking Association, Searchlight Security is a member of its Approved Operator Scheme and therefore able to buy your details from the DVLA.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2011/04/dvla_driving.html

Sorry but how does registering at companies house, and becoming a member of the BPA make you legitimate?

I'm not even sure they are registered at Companies House. I couldn't find them under any company name beginning with 'Searchlight'. Its probably a 'trading as' set up so they can even hide the real name of the company, OR there is no company and its the work of a sole trader. THAT'S how 'legitimate' they are.

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Changes-car-park-Watchdog-complaints/story-12739261-detail/story.html

http://neilherron.blogspot.com/2011/04/bbc-news-private-land-parking-breaches.html

According to the BPA http://www.britishparking.co.uk/AOS-Members all they can do is issue tickets, they cannot clamp or recover alleged debt.

According to their PO address P.O.BOX 269, PENZANCE CORNWALL which is 16 Chapel Street, Penzance, Cornwall TR18 4AW and turns out to be a carpet shop.

10dzc0i.jpg

Domain name:

searchlightsecurity.co.uk

Registrant:

lamorna cove

Registrant type:

Unknown

Registrant's address:

lamorna cove

lamorna

penzance

TR19 6XQ

United Kingdom

Registered through:

GoDaddy.com, Inc.

URL: http://www.godaddy.com

Registrar:

Key-Systems GmbH [Tag = KEY-SYSTEMS-DE]

URL: http://www.Key-Systems.net

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 16-Oct-2009

Renewal date: 16-Oct-2013

Last updated: 14-Nov-2011

Registration status:

Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:

ns39.domaincontrol.com

ns40.domaincontrol.com

Company Name: LAMORNA COVE LIMITED

Print Report

Previous Name(s): TRAVELCHANCE LIMITED (until 09/08/2007)

Registered Number: 04054652

Registered Office: GILLY COTTAGE

LAMORNA COVE

PENZANCE

CORNWALL

TR19 6XQ

Incorporation Date: 17/08/2000

Country Of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Accounting Reference Date: 31/03

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/03/2011

Next Accounts Due: 31/12/2012

Last Annual Return: 17/08/2011

Next Annual Return Due: 14/09/2012

Company Status: Active

Type of Accounts: TOTAL EXEMPTION FULL Accounts

Nature Of Business: 7487 - Other business activities

Filing History

04/01/2012 31/03/11 TOTAL EXEMPTION FULL

20/12/2011 DISS40 (DISS40(SOAD))

19/12/2011 17/08/11 FULL LIST

19/12/11 STATEMENT OF CAPITAL;GBP 100

13/12/2011 FIRST GAZETTE

05/05/2011 17/08/10 FULL LIST

05/05/2011 DIRECTOR'S CHANGE OF PARTICULARS / DANIEL STEVENSON / 17/08/2010

29/01/2011 DISS40 (DISS40(SOAD))

27/01/2011 31/03/10 TOTAL EXEMPTION FULL

14/12/2010 FIRST GAZETTE

01/02/2010 31/03/09 TOTAL EXEMPTION FULL

29/01/2010 17/08/09 FULL LIST

29/01/2010 17/08/08 FULL LIST

01/12/2009 FIRST GAZETTE

30/01/2009 31/03/08 TOTAL EXEMPTION FULL

08/02/2008 RETURN MADE UP TO 17/08/07; NO CHANGE OF MEMBERS

28/01/2008 TOTAL EXEMPTION FULL ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 31/03/07

09/08/2007 COMPANY NAME CHANGED

TRAVELCHANCE LIMITED

CERTIFICATE ISSUED ON 09/08/07

28/03/2007 TOTAL EXEMPTION FULL ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 31/03/06

01/02/2006 TOTAL EXEMPTION FULL ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 31/03/05

23/12/2005 RETURN MADE UP TO 17/08/05; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

22/02/2005 DIRECTOR RESIGNED

22/02/2005 NEW DIRECTOR APPOINTED

18/01/2005 RETURN MADE UP TO 17/08/04; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

18/11/2004 TOTAL EXEMPTION FULL ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 31/03/04

30/06/2004 RETURN MADE UP TO 17/08/03; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

13/11/2003 TOTAL EXEMPTION FULL ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 31/03/03

28/04/2003 RETURN MADE UP TO 17/08/02; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

24/09/2002 TOTAL EXEMPTION FULL ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 31/03/02

04/03/2002 ACC. REF. DATE SHORTENED FROM 31/08/01 TO 31/03/01

04/03/2002 RETURN MADE UP TO 17/08/01; FULL LIST OF MEMBERS

04/03/2002 ACCOUNTS OF DORMANT COMPANY MADE UP TO 31/03/01

04/05/2001 PARTICULARS OF MORTGAGE/CHARGE

26/03/2001 NEW DIRECTOR APPOINTED

15/03/2001 DIRECTOR RESIGNED

15/03/2001 NEW SECRETARY APPOINTED

15/03/2001 SECRETARY RESIGNED

15/03/2001 NEW DIRECTOR APPOINTED

15/03/2001 NEW SECRETARY APPOINTED

28/02/2001 PARTICULARS OF MORTGAGE/CHARGE

21/09/2000 SECRETARY RESIGNED

21/09/2000 DIRECTOR RESIGNED

14/09/2000 NEW DIRECTOR APPOINTED

14/09/2000 REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 14/09/00 FROM:

G OFFICE CHANGED 14/09/00

THE BRITANNIA SUITE ST JAMES'S

BUILDINGS, 79 OXFORD STREET

MANCHESTER

LANCASHIRE M1 6FR

14/09/2000 NEW SECRETARY APPOINTED

17/08/2000 INCORPORATION DOCUMENTS

CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION

STATEMENT OF DIRECTORS & REGISTERED OFFICE

DECLARATION OF COMPLIANCE

MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION

ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION

Mortgages

No. Mortgage Charges: 2

Mortgage Charges Outstanding: 2

Mortgage Charges Part Satisfied: 0

Mortgage Charges Satisfied: 0

Charge No: 1

Creation Date: 24/02/2001

Satisfied: Outstanding

Description: MORTGAGE DEBENTURE

Person(s) Entitled To Charge: NATIONAL WESTMINSTER BANK PLC

Charge No: 2

Creation Date: 30/04/2001

Satisfied: Outstanding

Description: LEGAL MORTGAGE

Person(s) Entitled To Charge: NATIONAL WESTMINSTER BANK PLC

http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/907196330

http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/910332659

Edited by cerberusalert

• 5 months later...

We too had a ticket from Searchlight in January, my partner had displayed his blue badge correctly but when I asked the ticket inspector he pointed out those was no concession for disabled people, something we had missed on entry. We were literally parked for 10 minutes so I appealed by writing to Searchlight the next day. I heard absolutely nothing until last week when we got a notice asking for £90 from their clients. I have since written asking for it to be waived. Any ideas on how to handle this?

We too had a ticket from Searchlight in January, my partner had displayed his blue badge correctly but when I asked the ticket inspector he pointed out those was no concession for disabled people, something we had missed on entry. We were literally parked for 10 minutes so I appealed by writing to Searchlight the next day. I heard absolutely nothing until last week when we got a notice asking for £90 from their clients. I have since written asking for it to be waived. Any ideas on how to handle this?

Yes, Ignore

The British Parking Association is little more than an old boys' club that represents the views and interests of its members. Despite the fact that its name and that of its so called Approved Operator Scheme are bandied around as if they mean something the BPA is not a regulator and nor does it have any regulatory responsibilities.

The fact that very small companies such as Searchlight (and Homeguard Services, for example), probably little more than one-man-bands, are able to meet the requirements of the Approved Operator Scheme could be argued as an indicator that its standards are not that difficult to meet. The scheme is not and never has been intended as a means of satisfying public concerns. It was originally designed and intended solely to demonstrate to the Information Commissioner and the DVLA that the companies concerned had some minimum standards such that every application they made for registered keeper details could be assumed (by the DVLA) to have satisfied the "reasonable cause" test.

As has been said here, Searchlight may be able to satisfy the requirement that they have sufficient interest in the land on which they operate (at Lamorna) to issue proceedings - if they were ever to do so. However, as the OP had paid the necessary charge to park and had merely straddled a line that caused neither obstruction nor inconvenience then I cannot see any reasonable cause of action for them to pursue. But then when you seem to be interested far more in the money than the rights you purport to defend a "cause of action" may not always be at the top of your list.