Hutchison 3G Default Removal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Has anyone had any experience or joy in getting a default removed from their credit file that's there thanks to these idiots?

I had a contract phone with 3 and paid it every month without fail for the entire period I owned the phone but in the last month or so, especially when I made it clear I wasn't going to renew a contract with them, I started getting strange things occur on my account. My bill was paid automatically by DD but the final bill was never submitted to the bank. I work away a lot and as a result I wasn't seeing my mail, when I returned home I found 2 bills claiming that I owed them £39 but there was no default notice. I paid it immediately and thought nothing of it until recently.

I'm trying to get a new car for work and I kept getting turned down so I got a report from CheckMyFile.com and there, bold as you like, a default notice claiming that I defaulted my account but then marked satisfied.

My contract was paid without a problem for the entire duration until the final month when I'm fairly sure someone was being deliberately awkward.

As I said earlier, I have never received a default notice from them only two bills and it was paid promptly..so I don't see why I'm defaulted in this instance.

Do I have a case to get this removed? It's going to play havok with my car finance and probably stop me getting a business bank account that I was plannign to open next month.

You will have to get on to the CRA's who have the default

displayed,requesting the removal of the entry, they will contact

the creditor for you and all they can do is ask if can be removed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 month later...

Big Muzz - Did you get anywhere with this as i find myself in the exact situation as yours with hutchinson 3g. i had the same for the sum of £97 where i had completed my payments and i recieved a default at the end of the contract? these people are hard to communicate with on the phone, although i have spoken to experian who has informed me to contact the citizens advice bureau because as we did not receive a default notice and was allowed time pay as set out in the consumer credit act 1974 the default is nul and void.

As you and i was never issued a notice in the first place gives an inaccurate view of how, i certainly, conduct my finances as if this was brought to my attention i would most certainly paid the amount in full, it seems sadly that this company hands these out willy nilly without following the correct procedures as set out in the act.

Anyways the facts

I have already spoken to experian who has informed me that the only way to get it removed is by the company who issued it, experian also informed me that hutchinson 3g are regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 and have to issue a default notice as set out, therefore it is as of your right to request a copy of this default notice as proof that they issued you with it, regardless of whether you actually recieved it. if you contact them by letter they are legally bound to reply within 28days of the letter to inform you that they are dealing with your request. There is a website which deals with this however i cannot post links as of yet or advertise other websites.

Good Luck

Ben

The only way you will get this removed

is by contacting the original creditor

stating the reasons you want it removed

all else is a waste of time..

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

unfortunately I wouldn't hold your breath. They are buggars for this. I now let my contracts lapse well past the 18-month/24-month period into monthly payments (so no contract) and then negotiate upgrades or leave as then there is no contract to default on. I have 4 btw (me plus 3 kids).