Unenforceable account being chased

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Early last year I requested my CCA etc from Apex.They were DCA's for NABG(Was Yorkshire Bk)

Their final response was that they cannot produce the docs and therefore the account is unenforceable in a court of law.They sent the account back to NABG.

Today I get a demand from Jeremy Sutcliffe acting on behalf of YB! and due to my apparent non response to numerous requests for payment have charged a fee to the account for admin.

What can you recommend as a suitable respose(apart frm get stu""ed)

Many thanks

Stripper

Subbing. Would have given some advice but all my advice is well out of date it seems as I've been out of the info. Loop of late and things seem to be different. If it helps I keep getting threats despite the dca or oc admitting cca is unenforceable in court. I don.t think they should charge admin fees but then again cannot justify my view sorry!!

Well there have been a number of cases on here where people have billed DCAs for having to reply - even going as far as to threaten court action. It would be worth looking around for one of those. I have a feeling that one thread is entitled 'turning the tables on DCAs'. If I can find it I'll post the link. I think this would be the perfect response.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

According to Apex at the time,they had actually bought the account and it was theirs legally etc etc.When they admitted that they could not furnish me with the correct evidence,they said that they were returning the account to NABG and closing the account at APEX.

So who really has ownership as the letter implied that they simply returned it to their client.

How can NABG be a client when the account had been purchased from them.

Or have I missed a trick here?

Hi postggj

I quote part of their letter to me:

"please accept this letter as official notification that Apex Credit Management has purchased your account and all rights ,interest and claims in respect of all amounts outstanding on this account as of (date) have been assigned to Apex Collections Ltd."

What's your thoughts on this ,does this imply 'absolute' or is the statement trying to mislead?