fcc prosecution letter not received

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Before going on holiday three weeks ago I was stopped by a ticket guard on a first capital connect train and I was unable to show my ticket as I lost my ticket and wallet after using the ticket to go through the ticket barrier. They said that I could pay the penalty there and then but I had no money on me and I did not have my wallet to pay. I accepted at the time that it was my fault and asked if they could send the penalty fair to my address. The guard took my name address and a statement, which seemed a bit over the top and then handed me a small peace of paper with a reference number on it and the prosecution address.

When I got home I looked all over for my ticket and wallet with no joy.

I have just got back from holiday and as I say it has been 3 weeks with know letter turning up yet and I'm starting to get concerned.

I live in flats with a communal letterbox and my has gone missing before.

I've read on this forum that an initial letter is sent setting a court date.

What I would like to know is what the time scale is from being cautioned on the train to the court date?

When would the first letter be sent from when I was cautioned?

Once I have give my side of the story how long would it be before they get back to me?

Would I be able to change the address to an address that I know the post arrive at?

I've tried finding the phone number but with no joy yet. I intend to send a letter explaining all of the above. But it would be good to get any answers sooner rather than later for peace of mind.

Any help would be appreciated