My Mortage arrears with Woolwich because of Govenment Support for Mortgage Interest (SMI)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received letter from The Woolwich today informing me that I'm in arrears with my mortgage for the sum of £551.

We have been getting SMI (Support for Mortgage Interest) from the Government since late 2009

It was worked out that they would pay £202 pm to help with interest payments leaving me £260 pm to make up the £462pm mortgage payment (Im on a fix rate until 2013)

I checked with my bank and the £260pm I pay, has been sent to The Woolwich every month with no missing payments.

I called The Woolwich up to find out what has happened and they confirm my part payments have been received but then informed me the SMI which was £202 had actually been reduced to only £120 for the last 9 months. The Woolwich then informed me the Government have reduced the interest rate they pay in Oct 2010.

Im not very happy as I have never been informed by the Government Depatment dealing with my SMI regarding them reducing the interest rate, giving me time to adjust my payments to make up the difference. I have never been in arrears with my mortgage in all the 10 years I have had it.

Im now left with a overdue payment which I cant really afford due to the Governments inaduate department not informing me of the changes.

Any Ideas how I can deal with this as its clearly not my fault.

Many thanks

Mark

Edited by DebtUpToMyEyeBalls

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dutmeb,

Sorry this went unanswered - the Woolwich forum is rarely posted in and can get overlooked.

Thread moved into Mortgages forum where I hope you'll get some answers.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)