Credit Security Ltd and many others chasing old SSE debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

My partner has been receiving calls on her mobile from a company called Credit Security Ltd, telephone number 01296642100 and 01296642700.

How can I find out, without alerting them, as to how they got her mobile number?

We are not sure as to who they are chasing for, and what they are chasing for.

We have had issues with a previous address involving Southern Electric (this was someone else's bill, but they were chasing her), though there is debt from around two and a half years ago which it may also be.

My main concern is how they got her number. She has confirmed who she was but gave them short shrift on the phone as she wouldn't give them any ''security'' details. So the call ended abruptly.

I've been down a similar road a few months ago with another {EDIT] company, and, due to other things going on in our lives at the moment, I don't want her getting calls from other [EDIT] companies.

Any suggestions??

Buncrana

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

My partner has been receiving calls on her mobile from a company called Credit Security Ltd, telephone number 01296642100 and 01296642700.

How can I find out, without alerting them, as to how they got her mobile number?

We are not sure as to who they are chasing for, and what they are chasing for.

We have had issues with a previous address involving Southern Electric (this was someone else's bill, but they were chasing her), though there is debt from around two and a half years ago which it may also be.

My main concern is how they got her number. She has confirmed who she was but gave them short shrift on the phone as she wouldn't give them any ''security'' details. So the call ended abruptly.

I've been down a similar road a few months ago with another ... company, and, due to other things going on in our lives at the moment, I don't want her getting calls from other ..... companies.

Any suggestions??

Buncrana

There is little you can do to find out how they got the numbers, mobile numbers are requirement

on so many forms on line or not and details of them are passed around marketing companies etc.

I would ignore them until they put something in writing,if they do call just state in writing only and hang up

Credit Security, are allied with Westcott

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

just fob them off

they'll soon play their cards

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for that guys, could this be the [EDIT] for Southern Electric chasing up someone else's invoice for her previous address?

Buncrana

Edited by dx100uk
enough of the insults please - dx siteteam - thats two msgs edited......-

Wescott Credit services do take on utility debt was it them who contacted you previously.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Wescott Credit services do take on utility debt was it them who contacted you previously.

Brig.

Apologies first of all to Admin for the forced edits, I didn't realise I wasn't allowed to use that word on here :)

Brig, it was previously Buchanan Clarke and Wells who tried to contact her. They, Southern Electric, and a previous dca have all tried to get her to pay this bill. They have all been told by the property owner who the bill should actually be going to, it should be going to the person who moved in after her. They have all been given his details but they continue to contact my partner.

I have threatened Credit Security with a letter from my solicitor if they contact her any more. Here's hoping it won't come to that.

Buncrana

Let us know if there are any developments.

Brig

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

We have now received another bit of toilet paper, this time from a company called geoffrey parker bourne solicitors giving notice of impending legal action.

I am in the process of drafting a letter to them advising that the next threatening/harassment letter they send will be going straight to my rottweiller solicitor.

Will let you know if anything else comes our way.

Buncrana

GPB Solicitors allow idiots like Credit Security to send out letters using their letterhead, probably for 25 -50 pence a letter! It is designed to frighten you into thinking the situation is escalating.

Credit Security Ltd are without doubt the most grossly incompetent, usless bunch of cretins you are ever likely to come across. They could not fight their way out of a paper bag! How they exist and continue to operate as a company is beyond me!

GPB Solicitors allow idiots like Credit Security to send out letters using their letterhead, probably for 25 -50 pence a letter! It is designed to frighten you into thinking the situation is escalating.

Credit Security Ltd are without doubt the most grossly incompetent, usless bunch of cretins you are ever likely to come across. They could not fight their way out of a paper bag! How they exist and continue to operate as a company is beyond me!

What's annoying me Rockwell is the fact that these imbeciles have had all the proof they need from the owner of the property, but they still send their bog paper out.

One more letter and it will be solicitor time :)

IMHO there-in lies the problem.

Give a dog a bone & it will keep coming back.

When your talking to a brick wall reciprocate their response and ignore them too. You have said all you have got to say, just maintain a constant stream of complaints going to the OFT&TS via consumer direct each and every time another somewhat puerile clown outfit tries to fleece you out of money you don't owe, hell I would even be emailing my local MP and have them raise the issue os these corrupt rotten to the core companies being allowed to disregard the law, harassing & intimidating people with the bare minimum of legislation to keep them in line, after all some of them are already responsible for one death.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-484772/Grandmother-terrorised-death-bank-wrongly-hounded-16-000.html

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Do they care about a tragic death to they ............

My method of dealing with idiots such as Credit Security/Capquest/Moorcroft etc is certainly not for everyone but it appears to work for me. My policy is to treat them like something unpleasant on the sole of my shoe , I have never had a further letter and they have all cleared off!

I have only written a few letters to DCA's but each one has been fairly abrupt and curt. As an example, I title the communication with "Dear Morons" I state any further threats will be subject to a £35 admin charge, and finally I always give them an email address, in the case of Credit Security the address was CSLmorons@#####.com. My final sentence states; take note of my email address, it accurately reflects my opinion of your company!

If you wish to use it, [email protected] is available now! The same applies to Moorcroft/Capquest etc!

I'm not advocating this method as there is a chance the correspondence may end up in front of a County Court judge, for instance, my few communications with the OC's has always been polite and to the point. however, dealing with the **** is a different matter.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

A couple of developements in this thread.

The first one should be filed under the ''You just can't make this up'' department.

We received a response to the letter sent around the 28th july. I had sent them confirmation from the property owner that this isn't my partners bill, proof of current and previous tenants, including forwarding addressess and also proof of payments made on the account before she left. The letter we received, and I kid you not, says:

''Unfortunately, from the information you have provided, we are not able to identify our client or locate our papers. We would therefore be grateful if you would be kind enough to provide details of our reference numbers and the names of our client/clients agents that appear on correspondence received from us.''

The reference number I used, was the one they gave me. The information I sent back, included account details of Southern Electric and receipts of payment. I think even my daft dog could have worked out who the client is from the items I sent.

I have sent the following reply back, which they should receive today:

To whom it may concern,

With reference to your correspondence dated the 11thAugust 2011.

I re-enclose all the paperwork I sent to you on the 28th of July 2011. If you can’t work out who the client is from this, then obviously you have training issues.

The reference number at the top of this letter, is the reference number that you put on your ‘’Notice of pending legal action’’. If you can’t work out who the client is from that, then obviously you have administration issues as well.

You have all the information required. You have all thedetails required. For the final time, THIS ACCOUNT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITHME. DO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN UNLESS IT ISTO OFFER AN APOLOGY FOR ALL THE STRESS AND HARASSMENT THAT YOU ARE CAUSING ME.

Any future correspondence that is not an apology will besent straight to my solicitor and she will be told to deal with it in any wayshe sees fit.

I am getting really fed up with these imbeciles. Then to top it all off, we received a letter from Scotcall over the same bill. A quick call to them very quickly degenerated into a shouting match. I know I shouldn't have called, but unfortunately I let my temper get the better of me.

My next question is, should I now ignore all future correspondence in this matter, or just forward it on to my solicitor to deal with??

Thanks again guys,

Buncrana.

Edited by Buncrana

Snotcall don't do collecting doorsteps, they are one of the most incompetent uneducated illiterate bunch of clowns in this corrupt rotten to the core industry.

IMO I would forward 'copies' of all the letters the clowns send to the OFT, then again to your local MP, have them raise the issue of miss-tracing and the use of morally bankrupt debt collectors to harass people who do not owe anyone anything.

Then ignore Snotcall, laugh at their pathetic puerile missives, keep a close eye on your credit file (CRF) and if they are dumb enough to mark it with anything, hit them with a broadside and take them to court for damages.

Dear Bill&Ben,

Thank you for your written evidence dated dd/mm/yyyy, the contents of which have been noted laughed at and forwarded to the OFT and my local MP.

If you cannot employ staff old enough to sit on an office chair with their feet touching the ground then that is your misfortune. As I have provided you with all of the relevant evidence that I am not the person you are looking for, something which I need not do, and you still want further information, I will now draw this matter to a close.

Any more of your puerile missives will be copied and forwarded to the OFT and my local MP who I have asked to raise the issue of morally bankrupt outfits such as yours, in the commons. I find it extremely irritating that you are even able to hold onto a consumer credit licence least of all have the audacity to send out meaningless threat letters with the sole intention of psychologically intimidating people in their own homes.

Should you continue to pursue this trivial matter I will seek further legal advice with a view to taking action against you and claim damages.

Regards.

Edited by Bazooka Boo
  • Confused 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Bazooka,

The original letter was toned right down at my partners request. I had gone to town on them regarding training but she didn't want it too confrontational.

Would contacting my local mp make any difference? I don't have that much faith in politicians.

Buncrana

I don't have any faith in any politicians either, BUT this is what they are paid for, and why they are elected to represent their constituency, so a complaint to your MP should be made, you never know your complaint might even be heard on PMQ's!!!