Pastdue Credit Solutions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope I didn't post this in the wrong place. I did see other topics for PD but didn't want to intrude on others topics. Concise summary= we get calls and the usual notice poop from PD regarding a debt which my husband declared on his bankrupcy some years ago (fewer than 6). Although the debt amount is different to the original amount which he declared in the bankrupcy we assume it was from our old property and made after we moved house. I would naturally assume as he named the company in his bankrupcy (Eon) this amount is not owed and PD are fishing for old debts.

I sent them the template re not acknowleding the debt and gave them (yet again) my husbands bankrupcy number...i received a letter back this morning stating that PD 'abide by all laws governing debt collection' as well as stating that they were unable to find my husbands bankrupcy on the Insolvency Register...therefore they have requested a copy of his bankrupcy order.

This bothers me as I feel that is an invasion of our privacy and makes my spider sense tingle...is it truly a good idea to send them a copy or is there a better way to deal with this malarky?

any help would be appreciated

how old is this?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If the debt was before the Bankruptcy then it is gone... gone gone.... does not matter that he forgot to put it on his BR form or wrong amount. Unless it was a secured debt.. Tell them to whistle. As long as it has nothing to do with your house, ie shortfall of mortgage etc it is included in the BR.. simples.

As for finding it on the insolvency register... blah blah,, it will be there... Tell em to go forth and multiply...

I myself have looked in BR on many occasions, neg equity in house etc... but I am struggling to pay mortgage and SL so if I was to do it I would have to let the house be repossessed sold and any shortfall could be included in the BR... simples

where are you getting this six years from Anzel,,, he went bankrupt with that debt.. Only if again it is a secured loan at the time have you anything to worry about... If it is a shortfall on a mortgage or SL then it is 12 years for Statue Barred

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

i thought another posting was trying to discern the whole 6 years thing...ie debt collectors can collect on a debt that old.

thanks hippie. that was just as i expected. so would the best thing to do be in writing them a letter stating we have given them the information necessary to show that he declared bankrupcy and it isnt my fault they cant read...rudeness aside...seriously i dont feel comfortable in giving them my husbands bankrupcy order. am i wrong in this?

It is always up to the DCA to prove something is owed, not for you to prove it isn't. Personally I would ignore this letter. You have given them the bankruptcy details. If they can't find it then that is not your problem.

I wouldn't send them copies of anything at all. At the end of the day, they have no powers per se. They have no more right to see anything about you than I have.

Tootles

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday, and all is well!

thanks tootles. you interrupted my angry typing letter back face:) i will talk to my husband about if he wants to waste the postage on telling these people they are wastes of space or taking said high road. i cant get over how amazing cag is!

They do want to wind us up into talking to them. You have already given them all the information they need. If they keep banging on about it, tell them to prove

that the money is owed.

:-) Yes CAG is ace! Certainly has saved my sanity!!!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday, and all is well!

Their very name gives you the clues, Pastdue - what a bunch of chancers (as are a lot of the DCA 'Industry'

I would give them the BR number and tell them to go and soak their heads in shame.

Then I would contact the Official Receiver and let them know what is happening. It seems some sly DCA offshoots are chancing their arms at bankruptcy debt hoping people will not know that the WHOLE debt was included, and then coming back years later for a proportion.....

i have given them the bankrupcy number on 4 seperate occasions and even included where it took place, which office, etc. i think further contact would result in me wanting to pull more of my own hair out and/or taking a train to scotland and throwing large vats of haggis at these people.

Complain to the official reciever they do not take to lightly to muppets who keep chasing people for debts they have dissolved through BR... YOU OWE THEM NO EXPLANATION. Just write once more saying

Dear muppets

BR NO

NO MORE CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERED INTO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959