Cant pay ticket no options

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

looking for a bit of help if possible

i got 3 tickets for parking outside my house which is residents only now

i admit its my fault but have contacted the people on the t3 forms

to offer payment as cant pay all at once (on disability)

but they say they cant accept any payments only full payment

so help what do i do now

are they council or private tickets?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What does the signage state? Can you provide the location so we can check street view?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

If you are convinced that the tickets were correctly issued and do not want to challenge them then I think your only option will be to invite them to take you to court where you will put your case and circumstances to the judge who will no doubt then order that you can pay by installments. Upon hearing that, they may re-consider. As you are disbaled, they should at least give you an opportunity to provide evidence that you cannot pay in one go. Hopefully others may give opinions on this.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

If you are convinced that the tickets were correctly issued and do not want to challenge them then I think your only option will be to invite them to take you to court where you will put your case and circumstances to the judge who will no doubt then order that you can pay by installments. Upon hearing that, they may re-consider. As you are disbaled, they should at least give you an opportunity to provide evidence that you cannot pay in one go. Hopefully others may give opinions on this.

Council tickets don't go to court, if they are not paid the council apply to the Traffic Enforcement Centre who then authorise them to instruct bailiffs.

Council tickets don't go to court, if they are not paid the council apply to the Traffic Enforcement Centre who then authorise them to instruct bailiffs.

And what happens then if the OP (who is disabled) dosn't have the means to pay? There must be a process available for such situations.

Please Note

Don't know Ray, but to get to that stage will no doubt incurr the OP with signifitant additional costs. Clearly he/she is accepting the tickets but cannot pay the total cot in one go. Under the circumstances, I would of thought that a judge would need to decide what the OP can or cannot afford to pay. I don't belive that baliffs have (or should have) the right to make those decissions when dealing with vunerable people.

Please Note

This matter needs to go to the right staff in the parking dept.

If you are able to make payment bit by bit, write to the council, briefly outlining your income and expenses. Propose a reasonable payment plan - not a silly one like £1 a fortnight. It should then be looked at properly by someone sensible. (We can hope!!)

They would probably not accept a total inability to pay, but should be cooperative if they see the situation is as you say. There's no point in them letting it go to bailiffs if you can't pay anyway, so I expect they will agree.

Trouble is that if the tickets are not paid it goes direct from the council to bailiffs, the matter doesn't go before a judge.

Mmm, then there is something wrong with the system. If you didn't pay a FPN, you would have your day in court. The same as if you didn't pay a civil debt then the debtor could take you to County Court. I'm not condoning people who flout the parking regs who are deliberately avoiding paying but in this case (from what we are being told), it appears that the OP is holding his hands up but is in 'vunerable' position as he/she is disabled. Surely in such circumstances, there must be a procededure to follow where by (if necessary) the matter can be decided by an independant adjudicator to assess the 'offender's' financial circumsatnces so an agreement can be reached about paying by installments. I don't see how it can be right that the matter simply gets passed to bailiffs if the OP cannot pay in full. Perhaps the OP should consult CAB about it to see if they can help.

Please Note

• 2 months later...

now even worse news just gotten letter off baliffs and rang them to offer part payment but was told we want

200 now and then installments of 200 there after or they will come get the car instead

can they do that or what the car is on the never never off disability

hellllpppppp

no they cant take the car

get the paperwork to hand

i would assume that as you are vunerable they must offer 'some' dispensation.

me thinks you need to email the council ceo

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do you pay council tax? You would have been better using the council tax money to pay the parking fine and then talking to the council to make different arrangements for the tax.

They tend to be accommodating over council tax, but there's no leeway with parking fines.