Can I raise a ccj against a building company for poor workmanship and basically theft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Im after some advice please:

sometime ago the builder of our house came to fix problems with our downtsairs toilet and the smell eminatting from there since we had moved in, after they came out and apparently fixed the problem we still noticed the smell so again 3 months later they finally came out and advised us that the remedial fixes had in fact caused sewage to leak which had in turn damaged our carpet and lino downstairs - we had to chase them for 3 months whilst sewage was still flooding our house - I know, nice.... Anyway they came and fixed the problem 6 months ago now as the NHBC forced them too, in doing so they agreed that the carpet and lino would be professionally cleaned and returned to us - they then returned to us and said the caerpet was unretrieavable so they would pay for a new one whilst the lino had been cleaned and would be re-fitted. 3 months later (yes 3 months without carpet and lino which has in turn has caused wear and dirt to my hallway carpet) when we have again chased they have now told us they wont be replacing and they have retruend the carpets to us (which they havent). Im quite literally at a brick wall now and am thinking of issuing a ccj based upon quotes for replacing the carpet and lino and of course litigant in person fees from me and the wife needing to take time off to go to court to settle this matter: whats the verdict please, does anybody think this route will work as ive been more than patient with them and have emails to help substantiate if I have to go down this route?

I have raised the matter with the police as theft but they have said its a civil dispute and the NHBC wont get involved as its over the carpets and not the building work.

How do I do it if I have no other choice etc?

many thanks

firstly you got to take them to court, and win before a CCJ can be issued....

But with Building firms, they will most likely wind up, thus meaning your CCJ has been ineffective,

then a new company will be set up and off they go again!