HFO Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys I'm a new member to this site, i found it when I googled hfo services harassment!

I recently received a letter from hfo services saying that they had tried to contact me to offer me a settlement on a credit card I took out with Barclays around 7-8 years ago. i checked on experian and I requested a print of my credit report from equifax and there was no sign of any debt to this company on either one.

I decided to ignore the letter as i thought it may be a [problem] but I have now received another letter saying I risk court action if I don't contact them.

Should I be worried about this, and if there is no debt showing on my credit files with experian and equifax do I even owe them a penny? I'm worried as I have been bad with credit previously but I thought I had turned corner and I am trying to rebuild my credit.

Many thanks in advance for any help I receive and I'm sorry for the long post.

getting desperate now are they?

any offer of discounts on old debts are a fleecing exercise

ignore

or type in hfo in our advanced search top right

you need to be clear about the sb date

but if its not showing on your cra, then its a safe bet it is sb'ed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you have the details of the account phone Barclays and ask

the date of the last payment, I take it you have corresponded

with any one about this in the last 6 clear years.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi and welcome. Suggest that you do ring Barclaycard and ask when the last payment was made and exactly which company this account was sold to and when Barclaycard recoveries 0844 556 0066

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Thanks Coledog I could not find the No. earlier.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi all,Thank you so much for all your replies I definately haven't paid anything on this policy since 2005 at the very earliest and it may be even longer than that. So I will definately give barclaycard a call however it was so long ago I don't think I have any info on the account itself. hopefully Barclaycard will be able to find my details using my name d.o.b etc...Are there any other questions i need to ask apart from when it defaulted and who it was sold to and when?

Update!I called Barclaycard and they said the first default on the account was May 2005 but apparently i made a payment of £100 in June 2006. I asked if the account had been sold on and who to and they confirmed that it was to HFO in October 2007!Any advice/ tips on where to go from here will be greatly appreciated.

Well nearly a year off SB unless you reside in Scotland. Do you recognise the payment in 2006 as being made by you?How much is this for? HFO could attempt a court claim if they felt it was worth it or you could request a copy of the Credit Agreement from them under a CCA request as they cannot issue a claim if in default of a CCA request (well they can try)

donate

Unfortunately due to it being 5 years ago i can't say whether i did make the payment or not as its so long ago and to be honest i was a complete mess when it came to finances which is why i got myself in this position. Fortunately i have a supportive girlfriend who has "taken me in hand" when it comes to sorting out my financial affairs in the last year or so.The agreement is for £1400 so worst case scenario i can pay for it with a bit of tight budgeting but i'm just confused as to why this debt doesn't show on my credit reports for experian and equifax which is why i doubted that i owed them money in the first place.

Er, hold on. If HFO are claiming £1400 they have almost certainly added interest they are not entitled to, as they have only just informed you of the assignment – a typical story and one to report to the OFT.

You must call Barclaycard again and ask what the balance was at the default date.

There is also the slight problem of whether they have an enforceable agreement.

Credit Reports will go on the default date so it may very well have 'dropped off' 6 years after that or may never have been correctly added in the first place.I would be wary about making any offer to settle this with HFO until you have all the facts about their actual entitlement to 'collect' this money. I am not telling you to evade this at all but would certainly make a CCA request to them and possibly a SAR request to Barclaycard. Have you ever received a 'Notice of Assignment' from either BC or HFO and are HFO adding ridiculous interest to the original amount?

donate

A debt entry is removed from you file after 6 years

if you have paid it or not, so that's why it doesn't show

up.

Brig.:madgrin: