style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am facing a diciplinary at work part of the evidence is a cctv showing me walking to work on a public highway .The recording has been taken from a seperate part of our company which is accross the other side of the road is it legal to use this footage .

i would assume they have a council licence of-course as its surely for their entry security only?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Has the company got a CCTV policy?? They should have, they should of also stated in that policy what they are using the CCTV for.

If they have gone with the age old security and safety then you may be able to argue that the policy does not reflect that it can be used to monitor staff practice or enforcement of procedure.

Unless the CCTV shows something that could be criminal then it should only be used for the purposes listed, if not there could be a DPA issue. If they pass to the police and they act then that could be fair enough, it's a criminal matter by the police, if they have not it's only being used for work policy which in turn if the policy is weak it could be used to fight your case.

Check out the information commissioner office and look for the CCTV code of practice, they should have all documents listed, also they may need to be registered with the ICO.

Just my understanding after looking into having some fitted for work.

Cheers

Edited by Satch9

Im wondering along the lines of something different. When the Security Industry Authority came in, CCTV and its operators became regulated. All operators that were contracted in, or monitored the general public for the purposes of crime prevention and detection had to be licensed.

Now the Trafford Centre, owned by Peel Holdings argued that because their CCTV only covered their own land, it wasnt covered by the SIA's remit. The courts disagreed and one of the reasons was that many of their CCTV cameras covered areas on public highways and footpaths, and there fore all operators had to be licensed.

If the CCTV that they are using is covering the public highway, and is observing the general public, then I would have thought they would need to have SIA CCTV licenses to even operate said CCTV.

I know there is a loop hole wherein business may use CCTV to monitor their own premises for the purposes of security of property rather than public observation, but from your description it sounds as if the relevant camera isnt being used for such a purpose, being that it covers a public area. I wonder if the argument of it being inadmissable due to the operators being unlicensed for public space surveillance would hold any water?

It may be a long shot, but its better than no shot at all right?

i will assume that the evidence is showing you doing something that at that time you should not have been doing?

a tthe end of the day, it might be a bit silly to say, i didnt leave early or i was not late

when obv you were.

regardless of it being filmed or not.

but. i would say that, IF it went to a tribunal, the footage would be deemed inadmissable, but, the evidence is sadly damning.

cctv is not there to catch you out arriving late or leaving early !

dxd

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...