Natwest Collections - notice of intent to file default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am looking for some advice.

I have 2 accounts with Natwest, both overdrawn. One by £1535 and one by £335.

I have been sent 2 letters, one for each account; "Formal notice of intention to file a default and to take action to recover debt".

I am already in a payment plan RE: the smaller amount. I do not use this account. Only £3 of the debt on this account was actually overspending. The rest has been charges.

The other account is my old student, and current account. I have my salary of about £1000 paid in every month.

These both came as a bit of a shock!

I took a first step today by opening a new account elsewhere. This week I am transferring all of my standing orders etc.

What is my next step? Can I ask them to close my accounts, combine the amounts and enter into a full payment plan?

Should I try and get them to lower the amount?

Should I avoid doing this over the phone and only in writing?

Just any well meaning advice or similar stories would be appreciated.

Has this already been filed on my credit record, or is it literally just an intent to file? I have 28 days from the date of this letter to reply.

Thank you.

LL.

Make sure you get that new bank a/c opened. They won't let you close the a/c unless it is in the black because to close it you have to clear it. They will close it eventually and that will stop any new charges. You need someone else to advise on reclaiming charges but if you are facing up to it you are are the right track.

Can I actually reclaim charges or is this just hearsay? I think I've been charged about £6-700 since I began banking with them five years ago.

It's not a case of never having "faced up" to it. I had recently been made redundant. It was an extremely extremely difficult time for me and only in the last few months have I begun to find my feet again.

Even when I lost my job, I temped and kept money going into that account, plus as I said, I am already in a payment plan for the smaller amount.

Do they really have grounds to do this to me?

I already HAVE opened my new bank account, I'm more looking for advice on the very next step, before I begin looking into bank charges etc.

I was hoping they might allow me to close them and combine... as above, as this has now moved to collections, and the letter talks about closing the accounts, returning cards etc.

Surely if they are issuing me with a default, they don't expect me to retain my account with them?

More help please?

Would it help of I scanned and uploaded the letters? I could do that tomorrow at work!

Evening guests!

If you do scan the letters then be sure to remove all ID, ref numbers, bar codes, funny little boxes, and codes at the bottom of the letter or on the sides.

They are going to file a default whether you like it or not, the only way in which you will stop them doing so, is to pay the full amount they are demanding, and as these are their own charges, then I wouldn't be paying them either!

Have you statements showing you how much of this is charges and how much of it is what you physically owe?

If you have great, if not then you would need to send them a SAR, but more on that if needed.

So the smaller of the alleged debts is made up of charges?

Yes you can reclaim ALL of these.

How much of the larger debt is charges?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

are these bank accounts?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...