Jump to content

forgery of childcare reciepts


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

i can understand what you mean


when a person has child care costs, they are: -

a) awarded extra tax credits to cover the costs

b) awarded extra hb/ctb as the child care costs are allowed as a disregard


if a person received child care costs but was not entitled to them, then there will be overpayments of tax credits and hb/ctb


however your future hb/ctb will be assessed based upon your net tax credits (after reduction for overpayment), this means that you would not normally have to pay the full cost of both overpayments


for example, if you owed hmrc £5k and the council £5k and both were recovering overpayment at £10pw from ongoing entitlement, then you would lose £10 tax credit first, the council would take into account your reduced tax credits and award an extra £6.50 hb and £2 ctb, then the council would recover their £10


so the overall effect is that you end up paying back the full hb/ctb overpayment and 15% of the tax credit overpayment

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

hi i have now found out how much i owe £7.900 housing and £2.300 and £5,600 tax credits now im in a dilima on how to pay it.I am thinking of going bancrupt or using an iva as i just dont no what to do for the best.Will all my debts be cleared including the housing and council tax etc as this is fraud.They havent told me if going to court yet they have just sent me a letter saying what i owe them.i dont earn alot and im p/t i really dont no anthing about bancrupcy or ivas.But im now panacking on how im going to pay them,could someone help me oin this subject thankyou

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm afraid that you cannot be discharged from debts which have occured as a result of fraud. Going bankrupt can result in your being discharged from Social Fund loans and other overpayments of benefit but not where the overpayment is as a result of fraud on your part.


They will reduce your ongoing benefit to recoup the money.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.



Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)





Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes payday loans, doorstep loans, overdrafts and credit cards will all be cleared with bankruptcy. You can also look at a Debt Relief Order if you owe under £15k and have no assets which is (i think?) £90. A lot cheaper than bankruptcy (around £500). This isn't advice BTW it's just info on bankruptcy x

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Hi could any 1possibly tell me how long it takes the council to decided what they wil do about benifit fraud i had my interview and now it has gone to the manger but this was over 6 months now since ive heard from them im paying it back as they told me how much to pay back,but i want to know wethere i will be going to court also do they have a certain amount of time to bring this to court.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...