Orange NCO Westminster Solicitors Dept

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4671 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My girlfriend took out an 18month contract phone a while back and towards the end of this contract wanted to go abroad for a year but found out that Orange had her on the system as a 24month contract. She tried to fight this but they wouldn't listen and as such she cancelled the direct debit and left the country. 12 months later she has returned to a pile of letters threatening bailiffs and court action from the likes of NCO and westminster solicitors.

In this sort of dispute can we just ask Orange to provide proof of this 24month contract and if they can't we shouldn't have to pay them. Its a case of 2 sides to this story and without evidence I don't think they can keep hounding her or can they? As I don't know either way and my girlfriend is adament that it was only an 18month contract i feel that Orange should have proof of these contracts.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Edited by Andy1000
spelling

Take a good look at all of the letters she has received over the last 12 months....

I guarantee that they will say "You only have seven days in which to respond or legal action may be taken against you"

Well not all of them, but the first three or four will, and then they will increase in their level of threats and intimidation claiming all sorts of rubbish will happen.

What is the amount they are claiming for?

When did she cancel the DD, after 18 months or before?

Whilst I think about it, EVERYTHING must be kept in writing ONLY, do NOT discuss any of this over the phone with ANYONE especially a DCA unless you can record the phone calls?

Start to keep a diary of events and file everything in order.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Does your girlfriend have any paperwork/bills from when the contract was taken out?

On the bill it shows the contract length along side the plan your on E.g Panther 35 Websave (24mth) : 08 Jun - 07 Jul.

The views expressed on this website are mine alone and don't reflect the views of my employer!