Hi, am new on here and have no idea how to tackle all my financial debt chasers!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, Im new here but have spent loads of time searching this forum and find it fascinating but confusing.

I have multiple companies chasing me, infact they have been chasing me for about 4-5 years.

Link even managed to take me to Court and got a CCJ against me and an attachment to earnings,

they even got a first payment from the attachment!

It has got so bad that my wife is hardly talking to me anymore,

I cant get a job now as I am my disabled sons carer full time so I only get carers allowance, etc...

I mainly came on here to find out if there are any organisations that can sit down with me and try and sort it out with me as it seems so complex to me.

I have started a thread elsewhere about Cabot so am just hoping for help.

you need to deal with the CCJ.

how old etc

tell us the history of the debt please?

as for the rest

have a read of seq's blog in my sig first.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My first court of call would be the C.A.B., they'll make you an appointment with a debt expert so you can have a chat with them and get everything explained in laymans terms.

They can even help you set up your own debt management plan (an informal arrangement to try and stop interest and charges & pay back a small amount you can afford monthly/weekly etc.)

They also offer a service (as a short term solution) where you pay each of your creditors £1 a month to stop them sending you letters or charging you any extra.

i wish i could tell you more but you haven't given us much info. just take that drawer full of letters from debt collectors you've probably got somewhere and they'll look into it for you and advise you on your options.

oh and they don't charge you anything:whoo:

Thanks dx, I just read your other reply and was just searching for seq's blog.

According to the equifax report I have 7 CCJ's registered against me dating from 2005 through until 2008

I receive on average between 5 to 7 letters a week ( going on for 5 years minimum) and now I have started tonreceive 2-3 telephone calls a week.

I never respond to the letters and just tell them to go away if they try speaking to me on the phone.

It all started whenI was in a business for myself locally which went to the wall, I lost my house and owed money to two credit card companies and had a loan from Halifax for £15000 and defaulted on them all when I lost my home and business. The mortgage company repossessed us but I made the mistake of moving out and handing my keys back before they took us to court for repossession order.

None of the original Banks or Card companies are involved in chasing me now as all their debts have been purchased by Cabot, Link, Lowell etc..

I dont remember which one Link bought out.

It all started back in 2004.

My first court of call would be the C.A.B., they'll make you an appointment with a debt expert so you can have a chat with them and get everything explained in laymans terms.

They can even help you set up your own debt management plan (an informal arrangement to try and stop interest and charges & pay back a small amount you can afford monthly/weekly etc.)

They also offer a service (as a short term solution) where you pay each of your creditors £1 a month to stop them sending you letters or charging you any extra.

i wish i could tell you more but you haven't given us much info. just take that drawer full of letters from debt collectors you've probably got somewhere and they'll look into it for you and advise you on your options.

oh and they don't charge you anything:whoo:

Thanks Jordank, I tried CAB a few years ago and they were pretty poor with any advice really, they basically told me to go bankrupt, advice which an old friend of mine(solicitor- now dead unfortunatelly) told me would be fine if I had the £450 needed to do it but he just advised me to ignore them and just carry on as my sons Carer.

One CCJ states that I am financially unviable and when Bailiffs have called with other CCJ's I have just refered them to that CCJ and they just go away and for the past 2 years have not bothered me again.Cab did say that an AVI would prove impossible on my finances.

If you don't have anything that they can take off you, house and car etc. then I would deffo consider going down the bankruptcy route.

The length of time before you are discharged has now decreased quite significantly and I think that it is only a year before your discharged, (awaiting correction from someone more knowledgable).

In my opinion it is so stupid paying these debts off a pound here and a fiver there, they will go on forever and ever!

A clean start with nothing hanging over your head!

Going bankrupt now does not have the same stigma that it once had and can quite literally be life saving to some people!

I wish I had of done this ages ago and saved myself loads of grief and wasted money.

Having unpaid debt like this has ensured your credit rating is destroyed anyway, going bankrupt can not do any more harm.

Edited by RoyalIrish

If you don't have anything that they can take off you, house and car etc. then I would deffo consider going down the bankruptacy route.

The length of time before you are discharged has decreased quite significantly and I think that it is now only a year, (awaiting correction from someone more knowledgable).

In my opinion it is so stupid paying these debts off a pound here and a fiver there, they will go on forever and ever!

A clean start with nothing hanging over your head!

I wish I had of done this ages ago and saved myself loads of grief and wasted money.

Thats the route I'm thinking of but trying to find that amount of money for is proving extremelly hard, have been trying for two years.

Would it not be just as well to do what I'm doing now and just wait for time to get me to Status Barred or am I just being a fool again!!!?

Suspect my wife will have left years ago if it was not for the fact that my disabled son is totally reliant on me for his care!

Edited by cartref
Additional info.

to be perfectly honest

although we do not advocate debt avoidance

in reality, these ccj, have not been enforced

so will all die by 2013.

they are the only things you really need to worry about,

but as you've got no house, no assets, what can they do to you ...nothing.

my PERS view is to let sleeping dogs lie

PERS, i do not like the BK route

if any do get nasty then you've dealt with that ok already

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

to be perfectly honest

although we do not advocate debt avoidance

in reality, these ccj, have not been enforced

so will all die by 2013.

they are the only things you really need to worry about,

but as you've got no house, no assets, what can they do to you ...nothing.

my PERS view is to let sleeping dogs lie

PERS, i do not like the BK route

if any do get nasty then you've dealt with that ok already

dx

I have been doing this for a few years now and am unable to get out of the rut anyway, say I get to 2013 what happens then, do they then sell it on to another brother company and try and chace again because that is what it seems like has happened to me so far?

they can do what they like

once the CCJ's falls off it'll be statute barred and they cannot collect.

6yrs from last financial transaction [in/out] or CCJ issue date

bk is bankrupt

dx

and they

Agree with all. As you have no assets what can the muppets do to you. NOTHING ( Simples) Why bother with BR you might get lucky and get one of those muppets to send to a SD for BR then they pay...

Really, you are a carer, you have no assets, use the paper for hamster bedding or just post back to them in an unstamped envelope,,, they will have to pay the postage. or if its blank on the reverse cut up for post it notes

I am myself in the mire with £40k of unsecured debt have been for two years still have me house and all threaten court, go a head make my day,, I struggle to pay 15 creditors a £1.00 but that is it.. Lets hope I win the Euro millions,,, oh ship,,, can't even afford ticket...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

If these debt collectore/ bottom scrapers sell on to another scrapper, could they then obtain another ccj against me and I have to wait another 6 years from that date?

Something i can help with!!

If you decide to go Bankrupt, its now £700 if you have to pay the full fee.

Bankrupt for one year max, If you do have to pay anything back to your creditors its for a maximum of 3 years.

(please feel free to correct me if i got anything wrong)

Posts are made with the best intentions but may not legally accurate

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: