HBOS one card problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4673 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there guys,

I have a Halifax one card with a credit limit of £3800 (which was meant to be increased). I was recently out of the country in the states on holiday and had missed my payment on the credit card (my first missed payment since having the card). I had come back to threatening letters etc informing me of the missed payment.

As a responsible person I immediately phoned them and explained the situation. I reached an agreement and apologised with the bank saying that I had told them I would miss the payment previously as I would be out of the country. SO they apologised for sending the letters.

About a week later I received a latter telling me HBOS will no longer be increasing my credit limit due to the missed payment and that they had taken the full account balance from my savings account with them. I was fuming and phoned them immediately. In the previous conversation we agreed I would pay around £500 on the 12th (pay day). And that no further action would occur. The bank don't want to know.

With this happening my credit rating has been affected, they have screwed up my savings accounts interest as I will get nothing as they withdrew money. I would cancel the card but I think overall its a good card and links well with my current account with them. Beyond this the fact that I am in the states etc often it is very useful having a mastercard as well as a visa debit.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do about HBOS having just taken the money although we had an agreed payment arranged?