BankFodder BankFodder

atomboy

Smile ignores letter of appropriation.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3022 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Had a health crisis several years ago, notified Smile of it in writing. Am in receipt of benefits. In July 2010 sent Smile a letter of appropriation, they responded in hard copy not mentioning the letter as a letter of appropriation but stating it's contents had been noted and that only withdrawals made from my account with sufficient funds to cover them would be permitted on my account. Fair enough !...Having received a charge on my account two weeks ago I questioned why when there was a letter of appropriation set up on the acct. Bank response has been- We have no record of your letter, we have no record of your health problems, the fact that I'm on benefits doesn't matter. They say letters of appropriation only apply in a single instance, they've consulted their legal department and have done everything correctly...And I feel like I have run into a brick wall. They've also said customers are pre-notified of charges...I wasn't, I've double checked. This has now reached the formal complaint stage and still the brick wall. All the correspondence from them feels very gamey and I'm stuck for what to do....any help would be appreciated....feeling frustrated and angry.... :!:

**Atomboy**

• Abbey Business Acct £1748.47 **Won** :-)
  • Abbey Personal Acct Prelim sent 5/2/7. LBA sent 14/2/7. Claim filed 8/3/7.
  • Abbey Credit Card **Won** £469 :)
  • Abbey Business Acct 2nd claim Prelim sent 5/2/7. LBA sent 14/2/7. Claim filed 8/3/7
  • Abbey Business Acct 3rd claim Prelim sent 22/3/7. LBA sent 11/04/07
  • Abbey Business Acct 6th claimPrelim sent 11/04/07
  • Blackhorse **Won** £153.70 :-)
  • Nat West S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 11/04/07
  • Smile **Won**
  • Smile Visa Card Prelim sent 22/3/7; LBA sent 11/04/07

More to come...

:-)

they are sadly correct that you have to keep doing it each time.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

Continuing on from this thread :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?312363-Smile-ignores-letter-of-appropriation.

Am still on reduced benefits while awaiting tribunal...Have been doing as I have been advised ie. sending letters of appropriation every time the bank notitifies me they will impose their excess charges and everytime I have been ignored.

I have sent a letter of hardship and nothing happens.... In October this year the bank took half of my already reduced benefits :-/

Is there no protection for us?

:|

**Atomboy**

• Abbey Business Acct £1748.47 **Won** :-)
  • Abbey Personal Acct Prelim sent 5/2/7. LBA sent 14/2/7. Claim filed 8/3/7.
  • Abbey Credit Card **Won** £469 :)
  • Abbey Business Acct 2nd claim Prelim sent 5/2/7. LBA sent 14/2/7. Claim filed 8/3/7
  • Abbey Business Acct 3rd claim Prelim sent 22/3/7. LBA sent 11/04/07
  • Abbey Business Acct 6th claimPrelim sent 11/04/07
  • Blackhorse **Won** £153.70 :-)
  • Nat West S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 11/04/07
  • Smile **Won**
  • Smile Visa Card Prelim sent 22/3/7; LBA sent 11/04/07

More to come...

:-)

Have merged threads, please stick to one thread thank you :)