Credit check from Call Credit showing a CCJ, Experian showing nothing???? Baffled.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We applied for a mortgage today with the Skipton building society. We have paid off all our debts, so are completely debt free. My husband had trouble in the past with a CCJ, but that was well over 6 years ago and he knew that had been removed. He has been bothered in the past by Aktiv Kapital, Cabot and the like, but thanks to advice from this forum, we saw them off! Skipton use Call Credit for their credit checks, and our mortgage application was refused, because of a CCJ and 2 default. We have no idea what these are. So, we logged on to Experian, who is showing that he has an 'excellent' score of 999, no CCJs or anything else outstanding.

We are completely baffled. Obviously the mortgage application is extremely important to us. Has anyone any ideas? I thought Experian was the main credit reference agency, they can't be wrong, surely ?

Would REALLY appreciate some advice,

Thank you

Hi debtchallenger

I would start with getting a copy of my credit report from Call Credit. They DO make mistakes. Check out other threads about credit files to see what I mean.

Sorry I can't help you further, but please be patient and someone will be along soon who has experienced this and is better placed to give you their opinion.

Lewte :)

call Credit a known for out of date information so you need to make a formal complaint

to them first.

Check Equifax for entries as well.

The credit ''score'' is misleading in many way all CRA's work them out differently,

perhaps the most important thing to remember is that the credit score IS NOT SEEN BY POTENTIAL LENDERS.

All lenders use their own scoring systems which are commercial secrets, they will look at management

of existing accounts, Electoral Roll, Gain, Cifas and of course public information ie CCJ's.

The impact of the CRA reports may as you can see may vary widely.

I am preparing a paper on the CRA's for submission to Government through my MP.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Call Credit Known here as ''Cruel Credit'' have often been taken to task

for outdated and erroneous data, and need to be vigorously challenged.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I recently helped a friend recall a decree (Scottish equivalent of a CCJ) after he received a demand for payment. He very nearly ignored the letter after he checked his equifax file which didn't show the decree. Only Experian had the info recorded. Totally disgraceful state of affairs imo.

The problem arises with Court orders etc. is That many claimants, don't

update the CRA files after the order is made, and if they do it's not

always updated on all CRA's.