Credit rating relevant in other countries?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The short answer is - it depends! It took a long time for the RoI to get up to speed in the same way as the UK, but the good old guys of Experian et all offer the RoI institutions a similar service, so your NI information will be linked to you if you give your previous address.

We own rental property in Orlando and I know that since 911 tighter checks are now carried out on any finance ect issues.

Not sure about Ireland, but I do know that in the USA they can credit check you in the UK, so assuming that it may be possible for any country to gain such information and obtain your file?

14/06/06 Data Protection Act Sent to SPML

28/06/06 - Info / statements received from SPML

2/8/06 Pre Lim to SPML for £324.72

16/8/06 LBA to SPML

28/9/06 filed MCOL

defence filing date extended to 22/12/06

28/12/06 copy of defence received from sch

16/01/07 AQ filed with court

They can't unless toy give them permission to. Many of the US systems require a US Social Security Number and without this, fall at the first hurdle.If you've evidence of a US entity credit checking UK citizens, I'd be interested in the details.

We have two mortgages in the US and I know that they now can credit check you in the UK.

UK citizens are not given a SSN number in the US and are classed as 'non-resident aliens'. The IRS (Internal Revenue Service) issues a ITIN number to non-resident aliens, but this is for tax purposes only.

14/06/06 Data Protection Act Sent to SPML

28/06/06 - Info / statements received from SPML

2/8/06 Pre Lim to SPML for £324.72

16/8/06 LBA to SPML

28/9/06 filed MCOL

defence filing date extended to 22/12/06

28/12/06 copy of defence received from sch

16/01/07 AQ filed with court

Did you give them permission to do so? I've properrty in Daytona and got round the mortgace problem as I'd already an account with a local bank, and whilst they expressed slight annoyance and not being able to check us online, (of which we GAVE permission) they were happy to take our existing conduct as a reference and work from there. OF course, the real pain is they want to take a Charge on the property to secure their loan, which they'd take irrespective of whether they could check you or not!