• Tweets

• Here’s the agreement I got sent by Halifax’s with the SARs would link have what they need if Halifax send them this ? 2020-08-15 15.10.24 (Merged) copy-1 copy.pdf
    • Hi,   I've been summoned into court next month for getting caught using my younger sisters oyster card. But they also analysed her card and saw that ive used it 149 times other than that. I'm only being chargerd with the one offence and am having to pay fines and i can chose to plead guilty or not guilty.    HOWEVER the letter states "The schedule gives paticulars of 149 offences, which we suspect you of commiting but have not been charged with. If you pead guilty in person an are found guilty of any offences with which you have been charged you can, before any sentence is passed, admit all or any of the matters in the attatched schedule and ask the court to take them into considerations. This in turn will result in not being subsequenly charged with any of these matters"   I have heard that you can write a letter to try to settle out of court but who do i send the letter to as there is no contact on the summons letter?
    • Very is crap IMHO. CEO Email will get you a case handler to manage this.   sam.perkins@shopdirect.com
    • I purchased a Macbook pro from very.co.uk but after 2 weeks is stopped working completely, I talked to very.co.uk electrical support and they agreed it couldn't be fixed and asked me to return the item. I returned the item and very.co.uk refunded my cc.   However I then received a letter stating that I needed to remove the MacBook from my apple account so that the machine could be accessed by very.   I ignored this at first as I thought it was a mistake as they had refunded me. However then I received a bill from them, they had added the cost of the Macbook to my account credit account on very!   I removed the Macbook from my apple account as requested and messaged them via my account to tell them.   They have now asked for a screenshot of me removing the Macbook from my Apple account, how can I provide a screenshot of an action, one that I've already performed too?   I sent a screenshot of my current devices that are registered to my account, however I can see this running as I purchased a replacement Macbook from another store and it has the same name as the returned one, I am concerned as I have an outstanding balance on my account and am being asked for payment.   There appears to be no method of talking to anyone useful at very.co.uk or of getting anything resolved very easily, they do not appear to have a complaints phone number and only provide a couple of options for complaint subjects online 'Warranty complaint', 'PPI complaint', pr Insurance', I would have thought they were obliged to provide better access than that for customers?   Has anyone had experience of dealing with very.co.uk? what's the best way I can get this resolved?    Can they recharge me for a product that I have returned, and that is faulty?   What can I do if they refuse to accept the screenshot I supplied as proof that I have removed the machine from my Apple account?
    • theft/ GBH/ inciting hate / selling coke to minors - probably out.    parking offences, less problematic.   but there are no absolutes.    
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 12 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
        • Thanks
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
        • Thanks
      • 16 replies
skyclad747

Registering a euro car in the UK

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3325 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I recently aquired a classic Mercedes from Belgium. It was brought to the UK a few years ago on its Belgium plates, the owner died and his family sold his car. I have no original paperwork for this car which has made life complicated. My local DVLA office has provided me with the necessary forms (V55 etc). I have the car insured and MOT'd plus a letter from Mercedes with the proof of manufacture date, all seems well so far. Yesterday I presented all the bits and pieces handed over vast amounts of cash in fees and tax.... Then they informed me they would have to inspect the car!

My question is. I'm not allowed to drive it to the VIC without registration plates, however it still has its Belguim plates. Its MOT'd, Insured and Taxed so where's the problem?

Answers on a postcard please:madgrin:

If I remember rightly this is normal, UK cars have to do it in Spain when they change over to Spanish plates so I assume this is a EU wide directive

AFAIK.

1) it is not legal for a UK licence holder to drive a vehicle in the UK that is registered elsewhere;

2) a vehicle can be insured in its VIN pending registration and driven without plates

AFAIK.

1) it is not legal for a UK licence holder to drive a vehicle in the UK that is registered elsewhere;

/QUOTE]

What happens to a UK lorry driver driving a lorry registered in Belguim transiting goods to Tesco's in the UK for example, would he be arrested then,or do these companies avoid uk licence holders doing this? I presume this would be the same on the continent.

i think they mean't to say not illegal

theres no problem driving to the inspection as long as your original plates are on.

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.