private car park liability @ home where i live

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was really hoping for some advice in referance to some damage that i incurred to my car which was not my fault. I live in a small black of flats and we have private open parking front and back for the residents of the flats to use.

As usual there is a sign on the car park informing residents that parking is at there own risk and no liability is accepeted. Anyhow when i came out this morning to my car i noticed my bonnet had been damaged and that a there was also a beer can which matches the impact mark on my car to the side.

This beer can was obviously thrown from a window within the flats that i live which caused the damage to my car, I checked with the cartaker in referance to the cctv footage they have only to find my car at that time was in a blank spot.

Obviously im annoyed as im going to have to pay for the repairs to my car , my question is could i put in a claim with the management of the flats ?

Their "the owner accepts no responsibility...." is no legal defence when the damage sustained can be shown to be directly because of their car park. e.g. if they have an advertising board that fell on your car, they would still be liable dispite their sign.

However, as is being pointed out already, as the damage was as a result of some 3rd party person, you will be unsucessful holding the management company liable for that act.

thanks for all the feedback appreciated , i guess i should have realised they would not be liable i mean it does make sense what everyone said. I just thought there may be a slim chance as this has happened before to someone else`s car unfortuntly for them thought it was a fire extinguisher thrown from a window which caused a lot more damage.