going to court?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4867 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Please help, I am claiming for £3500 from Barclays recieved letter offering £1000 want to refuse and get all my charges back can anyone help re letter and maybe a template?:-|

there isnt a specific template for this however:

mr bank dude

in relation to your offer dated xxx of £xxxx, against my claim of £xxxx, i am willing to accept this offer as part payment only, and i shall continue to recover the remainder as per the timescale that i have set out in my previous letter, if this is satisfactory please reply to me informing so, if however the banks position finds this unsatisfactory, i shall be issuing a court claim when the timetable i issued to you dictates, however i hope that we may still reach an acceptable agreement without introducing court proceedings

regards

me

if you want to pad it out a bit then thats fine, as long as it still has that wording in there somewhere

• Confused 1

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help please I have recieved a letter back from barclays saying they

would not pay back my £3000, I refused the £1000 offer saying I would accept

as part payment! Sorry if that sounds back to front, but anyway they're saying

take them to court but can't find any info for the next steps to take?:confused:

Advice would be great! Thanks.

Moderated: Threads merged

I strongly suggest , for your own benefit , that you read the FAQ's, step by step guide and around this forum .By you asking that question and being suprised by the reply from Barclays it is clear you have not read these .

Mistakes can be costly so please do as I have suggested :)

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 2 months later...

Hi

I have applied to the courts and the cut off date was today, as yet I have heard nothing? Any advice as to what to do next would be well appreciated!

Shall I wait longer or start writing more letters?

Please help.:-|

Ok I'll try, I applied to the court as I declined the offer barclays made. However I should have heard yesterday the 18th if they were going to reimburse me my charges, so far I haven't heard anything so I assume we are going to proceed to court? However not sure as to if I need to do anything further on my part or just await a date to attend court?

Ok I'll try, I applied to the court as I declined the offer barclays made. However I should have heard yesterday the 18th if they were going to reimburse me my charges, so far I haven't heard anything so I assume we are going to proceed to court? However not sure as to if I need to do anything further on my part or just await a date to attend court?

I'm sorry. Your posts are very ambiguous. Can you be more specific with what you have done, what responses you have had from Barclays and what the dates were for each stage. See mine below:

Data Protection Act sent 26th May 2006

Not Received - polite reminder 7th August 2006

Statements received 10th August 2006

Preliminary letter sent 11th August 2006

Standard reply received 17th August 2006

LBA sent 25th August 2006

Offer Received and declined 30th August 2006

Filed for Court via MCOL 8/9/2006

Letter received confirming it on 9/9/2006

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I have been through the initial stages, letters etc and processed a claim online which the bank (HSBC) has now defended. Court date has arrived for the 9th July - just wondering what I should take with me, apart from the statements?

007008 it might be better if you go to the HSBC forum and start a thread there http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.