Have atos medical today at 3pm

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there. I don't know if you'll see this before you go, but you've had some good advice from rebel and leemack [who is too modest to say it's her sticky].

Please let us know how it went, although I know you won't have the result yet. Plenty of us here have been through the same thing.

HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

well i got to the medical in plenty of time, to be told it was cancelled, i had missed a phone call on my mobile an hour before but as it was witheld number was unable to return the call, so now rebooked for 21st july at 1.30pm, looks like i had a sleepless night for nothing.

Although i did see that i am down to see the neuro nurse.

Poor you. I can't believe it, they told you with an hour to go?! But use the time to swot up on leemack's sticky and it will help you give the best answers next time.

That's no way to run an office though, is it?

HB x

i wasnt impressed i must say, my friends had driven me there and one was coming in with me, the lady on reception said they tried to ring me at 1.40pm so not much notice when i had to be there at 2.50pm, so i guess just got to wait another 2weeks to go through it all again.

Wasn't given a reason for the cancellation, they are paying my exspenses though which is better then nothing.

Hi sparkles

It gives you time to do some further research on the specific questions they ask and what to look out for.

ATOS are worrying as they have targets and incentives so aren't independent.

• 2 weeks later...

well i have my medical today after the mess up 2 weeks ago,must admit im dreading it really,didnt get much sleep last night worrying about it all.

If i know anything later will post, but will let you all know how it went when i get back later.

Hello again. Fingers crossed for later, you can only do your best.

Have you read up on leemack's sticky about the 'medical' recently? It's worth a last read so the pointers are fresh in your mind.

Please come back to us when you can afterwards.

HB x

Well i am back from the medical, the nurse was very nice and friendly and allowed me to talk.

The first she did was to go through my form that i had filled in, and picked a few things and asked me questions about it, i was able to fill her in on things, when it cam to questions regarding getting dressed was down to pain levels, and if i was in to much i didnt get dressed.

She asked how i did my shopping, which was ok as i order online and get it delivered, then asked what if i run out of something, thats when my friend spoke up and said if i needed any thing she goes and gets it for me.

I was asked about the flat i lived in did it have stairs etc or a lift, and how did i manage with 3 flights of stairs for getting out, i dont go out unless i have to because of the stairs and my leg going dead if i walk or stand for more then 10 mins.

Then she checked what medication i was taking, and how often and had any of it changed.

Because i have depression stress and anxiety as well as a back problem i was asked questions relating to my mental health and how long i had , been ill, she asked when i had last worked and what my job was, which i explained i was a senior carer in the community, and because of my back and mental health problems i left the job.

The examination its self was an ordeal, had to stand and move my arms etc, squeeze her fingers, and push her arm up and down.

I had to raise my legs one at a time, to as far as i could but i told her when doing it was hurting she was fine with this, also used her hands to try and push my legs down and up etc where you push against them.

She has 6 attempts to test the reflexes in my left leg, and kept going until she got a response from what she was doing,and a few attempts with my right leg, this was done with my legs hanging over the side of the examination bed.

She said she was not allowed to tell me when i would hear anything, but the form goes straight to DWP and i will hear something in the next 2 weeks,despite being in pain when i got there, i was in more pain when i left, to the extent that i did struggle to walk with the pain, but that is normal for me.

I was asked how i got there today, was brought by car as i get to stressed being on public transport, trying to get to somewhere i dont know.

I guess its now a waiting game as to when i hear, but i think i may know by monday at the latest.

still no news on my medical, i was hoping to have heard by now.

Was back at the drs yesterday as its stressing me out, with plenty of sleepless nights, my meds have been upped to help me cope and she signed me off again to go back and see her in 6 weeks times,now the question lol, i was on JSA before becoming ill, and although i want to work, and infact become self employed i cant until my dr says im fit, she has stated i need to be on my meds until next summer at least.

If i have failed my medical but my dr continues to sign me off, can i just continue on the assesment rate with out going to appeal, as i hadnt planned on staying on ESA for a length of time, i know alot of people are long term sick, so i can understand appealing against the decision.

Any help will be good.

No sparkles, if you fail the atos assessment, your benefit will stop and will only resume if you appeal or if you reclaim (you can't reclaim unless you have a new or worsening condition or if six months have passed since the decision).

• 2 weeks later...