Parking ticket on a disabled hire car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They are acting for Aintree and are denying they are fixed penalties.

Have a look at this!

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=9867

Mainly this sentence. "It facilitates a penalty being applied to motorists who transgress our parking rules"

Edited by esmerobbo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pic of their tickets and it clearly states FIXED PENALTY NOTICE in a little yellow sticky bag!!

I have their board of governers meeting on 24/01/07 printed out Esmerobbo and will highlight their statement about penalties!!

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

Doh- hit send too soon!! So I take the letter he got today to the hearing with us and ask how a private co can impose a penalty- what was the case law- was it Dunlop v someone!! I will have to read up on the laws me thinks :???:

In your case its different as you never entered a car park where the signs are that they are relying on, what is there to say what any parking restrictions there are between where you drove in to where you parked?

Then the argument is you parked on DYL which they chose to paint on the road. It is common knowledge that a Blue badge holder can park on a DYL if there is no other restrictions in force. Then you have the point of the security man telling you to park where you did. Them asking you to prove which security man told you to park is ridiculous how would your dad know his name?

I would be interested to know how they know disabled bays were available. Having been there 100s of times myself and having a blue badge I have never found one empty.

I've never noticed any signs before the ticket but there are some as you drive in past the taxi rank- how the hell you're supposed to read them whilst driving and having 10 cars up your bum I don't know. Gonna drop my mum off on Wednesday armed with my camera!! :-)

I've never noticed any signs before the ticket but there are some as you drive in past the taxi rank- how the hell you're supposed to read them whilst driving and having 10 cars up your bum I don't know. Gonna drop my mum off on Wednesday armed with my camera!! :-)

Watch where you park!!!!:jaw:

The first sign I don't know if you have seen it is as you drive in from Lower lane is set back about 10 metres back from the road and 6 metres up a lamp post on the right. Get a picture of them so we can see what they actually offer or warn!

Went today armed with camera- got photos of signs which can't be read even by zooming in. Got a photo of the middle entrance sign as we were driving past- needless to say it's impossible to see what it says as your driving. I'm sure the signs have been changed cos they did seem a lot higher up- prob about 8-9 feet from floor!!

Got pics of their work vehicles parked in junction box, double yellows and totally blocking the highway- they can't have 1 rule for them can they - preaching to people about parking properly whilst there own workforce don't adhere to their rules??

More pics of their Fixed PENALTY Notices!!

Was also going to ask them for mugshots of their parking attendants if they want him to prove he was indeed told to park on the kerb!! Like that's gonna happen:razz:

• 2 weeks later...

Judge granted set-aside:-D full defence done!!! Just have to wait for court date now. Thankyou everybody esp Al27 and esmerobbo- couldn't have done that defence without your support and advice:-)

• 2 months later...

Got court hearing soon!!! The judge has recommended mediation and Trethowans have agreed so that is going ahead real soon:wink: -was going to suggest we'd pay the £25 penalty if they pay our costs- it's a compromise isn't it!!:lol:

Got court hearing soon!!! The judge has recommended mediation and Trethowans have agreed so that is going ahead real soon:wink: -was going to suggest we'd pay the £25 penalty if they pay our costs- it's a compromise isn't it!!:lol:

Stand your ground as it was an "invoice" and not a ticket. Their T & Cs probably refer to a ticket and not an invoice. Good luck.

Cheers surfer01 :-) Sailor Sam the local paper aren't interested as somebody else has already informed them of what's going on and they don't want to know :-(

DBC- it's them that are saying it's a penalty- in their little yellow envelopes and their board of governers meetings!! We all know private co's can't charge penalties:-D

Sailor Sam the local paper aren't interested as somebody else has already informed them of what's going on and they don't want to know :-(

Indeed local paper and local radio have chosen to ignore this disgraceful waste of money by the hospital trust. £120,000 odd paid to their solicitors in the last two years! I was thinking of parking up at the hospital and putting the reg number of a well known local radio phone in presenter, or the news editor of the local paper on my car!

See if getting an invoice would wake them up to this operation!